Multiple Knives for EDC?

This is a discussion on Multiple Knives for EDC? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At a minimum TWO...most of the time four: Kershaw Leek in front left pocket for everyday mundane tasks....& defensive use with left hand if needed. ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Multiple Knives for EDC?

VIP Member
    At a minimum TWO...most of the time four:
    Kershaw Leek in front left pocket for everyday mundane tasks....& defensive use with left hand if needed.
    Spyderco 'waved' Endura in front right pocket.
    Strider SNG in sheath on belt (weak side) next to magazine pouch & Surefire light.
    Kershaw Chive or another Leek in neck sheath
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

I carry two knives almost every day. If you are attacked you might find you have to use your off-hand, or can not easily draw from one side of your body.

Murray Carter neck knife
    CRK Zaan or ZT 560 in right pocket
    Kershaw Zing in boot
    All are capable defensive weapons, although the Zing might be stretching that definition a bit.
    Depending on state, I also have a cross draw sheathed Carter Stubbie that stays on the belt unless it makes the locals twitchy.
    In which case it goes back in the suitcase until I am in a locale that is more accepting.

I daily carry in my pockets, clipped to pocket, or on belt:

Ruger LCR on belt
    Kershaw Leek (clipped to pocket)
    Case (half whittler) (in pocket)
    Gerber MP600ST (on belt)
    Leatherman Micra (scissor, fingernail file, etc) (in pocket)
    Victornix (small one with blade, fingernail file, scissors, tweezer) (in pocket)
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I carry a knife and multitool - generally a Kershaw Skyline or Gerber LST (the old model) and a Leatherman Juice S2. These cover 99% of the thing I need to do on a daily basis.
    "Lawyers, Guns and Money"

VIP Member
    I always carry my Spyderco Manix II, and when out and about, I'll add my Spyderco Cricket. I figure a smaller knife for utility use in public is a good thing.... but on the other hand, I managed to scare one guy with the Cricket. All I was trying to do was open a stubborn ketchup packet, and the guy reacted like I pulled a tarantula out of my pocket.

I always have a Leatherman in my purse.
    JD likes this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I usually only carry a knife when I can't carry a gun. I have too much crap in my pockets as is. A Kershaw "blackout" is what it's called I'm pretty sure...pretty cheap, it's ok. Getting a little slow on the assisted opening. The tip is a little bent and it needs a sharpening.

Been toying around with the possibility of carrying a fixed blade but I'm not real sure if there is a big enough advantage to be had.

Re: Multiple Knives for EDC?

Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    I usually only carry a knife when I can't carry a gun. I have too much crap in my pockets as is. A Kershaw "blackout" is what it's called I'm pretty sure...pretty cheap, it's ok. Getting a little slow on the assisted opening. The tip is a little bent and it needs a sharpening.

Been toying around with the possibility of carrying a fixed blade but I'm not real sure if there is a big enough advantage to be had.
    Send it to Kershaw. They'll sharpen and refurbish it. Even their cheap ones come with lifetime sharpening and workmanship.

Sent using my Tap-a-talkinator
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska12 View Post
    Send it to Kershaw. They'll sharpen and refurbish it. Even their cheap ones come with lifetime sharpening and workmanship.

Sent using my Tap-a-talkinator
    Ah thank you for mentioning that, sure enough right on their website. Print out a warranty sheet and send it, and they send it back for free.

Can't beat that! Gerber want's $6 to sharpen another one I have....

Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    Ah thank you for mentioning that, sure enough right on their website. Print out a warranty sheet and send it, and they send it back for free.

Can't beat that! Gerber want's $6 to sharpen another one I have....
    Sure...I've had to use it myself. I have a few Kershaw's and I, unfortunately, snapped the blade off one trying to pry some steel wire. (I know, dumb move) Anyway, I sent it in and explained what I did fully expecting a call or an email with a price quote for repair. Sure enough, replaced without question. I'm a fan for life with that kind of CS. I'll own other, more expensive knives...but I don't shy away from the Kershaw rack at all.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

When I go out fully knived, which isn't often, I usually have

- Schrade Multi Tool
    - one of my folders, Benchmade/Spyderco/CRKT
    - Simonich Bitter Root

I always carry one of two pistols either a S&W 1911SC in a IWB holster or a Springfield XDs IWB. Both are 45s and I never leave home without one of those. I also never leave home without one of either a Kershaw Ken Onion #1635 or a Case XX Stag 3 in folder. Just depends how im dressed. I never carry 2 knives. I just dont need to.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links