Prison weapons. Why gun control doesn't work.

This is a discussion on Prison weapons. Why gun control doesn't work. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty Can you imagine the guy trying to retrieve it and suddenly seeing the pin hit the floor detached from the grenade ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Prison weapons. Why gun control doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Can you imagine the guy trying to retrieve it and suddenly seeing the pin hit the floor detached from the grenade
    No problemo: Shove it back in from where it came from and then run like heck!!!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    The only time I have ever been in a prison was during a foodborne diease outbreak. The particular agent was Clostridium perfringens which casues intense admonial cramping and explosive diarrhea.

The inmates were in no condition to pose any threat, but with 6 to 12 men sharing one toilet the smell was quite overpowering.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

One of mankinds greatest accomplishments is the ability to weaponize damn near anything, unfortunately it seems the bad guys excel at it.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I just came to the realization that any time I deal with an Anti argument, all I have to do is refer them to prison videos...
    pgrass101 likes this.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Prisons have a great many craftsman that have no problem fabricating a zip gun. It's easy enough to do

Sent via Mental Power

VIP Member
    Criminals can be rather ingenious here is a link to just a few weapons.

15 deadly improvised prison weapons and tools
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I don't know about grenades, but we did have an inmate smuggle in a road flare once.

(its called using "the suitcase" by the way)

There was a private prisoner transport company transferring an inmate, they drove a Crown Vic, but it was just a regular one, not a police package, and they just added a simple cage to the back seat. Seems the IM reached between the seat cushions into the trunk since it was just a regular passenger car, and he was able to "suitcase" a road flare. He the lit it in a holding cell, which is where I came in to the story.

And as for the styrofoam cups, it works. I was in an airport security class in the late 1990s and we made a knife from a stack of cups, and also from a roll of plastic trash bags! I saw one made from an MRE bag once. Back when they had dark brown outer bags and green plastic on the inner packages I saw a chess set made from them too. One side brown and one green, including the board.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

This is apparently how they do it

It seems that the people that want to hurt people can always figure out a way to make a weapon or use something as a weapon.
    I got interested and found this on youtube, they make a knife out of a disposable razor. Apparently they let them have them in prison...

Ever get a chance read Concrete Mama and watch the Making The River. Was the prison I worked with Vets at when it was considered one of the most violent places on the planet
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    This post may be innapropriate so mods do your thing if needed.

I cant remember where I read or heard it but it was about the most dangerous weapon smuggled in to a prison. Turns out it was a hand grenade in the rectum. It went in to detail about the diameter of the grenade and a couple of other specifics about ummm lets just be safe and say dimensions that made it possible.

Could you imagine finding a hand grenade, internal no less.
    There's a joke in there somewhere...but I'll be danged if I can pull it out.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links