Self-defense with a cane/umbrella (Unbreakable Umbrella, Ka-Bar TDI Cane)

This is a discussion on Self-defense with a cane/umbrella (Unbreakable Umbrella, Ka-Bar TDI Cane) within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hollow members are used in the design and construction of sky scrapers. You guys are playing that up too much. A piece of metal like ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Self-defense with a cane/umbrella (Unbreakable Umbrella, Ka-Bar TDI Cane)

Hollow members are used in the design and construction of sky scrapers. You guys are playing that up too much. A piece of metal like that cane is an excellent weapon. Any normal man should be able to incapacitate an attacker in seconds with it.

2. Remove Ads

Hey-new update- Just got the Christmas catalog for Smokey Mountain Knife Works... Cold Steel is now making an indestructible copy of an Irish Blackthorn and they have a NEW AL shaft (supposed to be nearly indestructible) cane with a WICKED sword and the L shaped handle is made of Grivory and removable I'm guessing if just want a knob top.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    That polymer blackthorn has been made for a while... and the sword cane defeats the original purpose of the thread. :P Try walking into an airport with one.
    Hakkaa päälle!

I was looking for the same thing. I recommend Hickory stick. I found a piece of 1 in diameter wooden Hickory dowel at the local hardware store. I havent broke it yet. =)

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I recommend a standard wood or rattan cane or walking stick. If you make it yourself you can size it to the correct length. I would use an umbrella if that's what I had with me but it would not be my first choice (unbreakable or not) as it limits the techniques you can effectively use.

Regarding pepper spray, you could pick some up at your destination then make it a gift to someone before returning. The question is: Can you take it on base with you? I would guess not.

When I'm flying someplace I can't take a firearm, I take my stinger flashlight. Aircraft aluminum, discreet and would definitely hold up to hard use. Only had one Tsa agent even take a second look.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links