gerber warrant or Prodigy

This is a discussion on gerber warrant or Prodigy within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; need a new knife for edc for sd and utility. the gerber warrant and Prodigy has everything i was looking for, i really like tanto ...

Thread: gerber warrant or Prodigy

gerber warrant or Prodigy

need a new knife for edc for sd and utility. the gerber warrant and Prodigy has everything i was looking for, i really like tanto point. just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with the Warrant or any Gerber knives. how durable are they, do they dull easily? Are their better Tanto fixed blades with serration that are better for the price? Probaly leaning towards Prodigy because i didnt want a camo sheath. any replies would be appreciated

actually they both have the camo sheath, still leaning towards Prodigy
    ruger91

NRA member

2. Remove Ads

Have a Gerber Icon half serrated folder...love it. Also have same type in Gerber EZ Out...it's a great knife. If it feels right in your hand...that's the one I would choose. Like the Prodigy though.

Quote Originally Posted by ruger91 View Post
    need a new knife for edc for sd and utility. the gerber warrant and Prodigy has everything i was looking for, i really like tanto point. just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with the Warrant or any Gerber knives. how durable are they, do they dull easily? Are their better Tanto fixed blades with serration that are better for the price? Probaly leaning towards Prodigy because i didnt want a camo sheath. any replies would be appreciated

actually they both have the camo sheath, still leaning towards Prodigy
    I have both and would only buy the prodigy again. The warrant is nice but I don't like the handle. I love the prodigy and carry it often. Stays very sharp and is easy to sharpen when needed. The same is true of the warrant, but the handle is just a deal breaker for me as far as recommending or buying another. I do keep it in a BOB, because even with the handle I would have no problem using it, I just have better.
    BTW - you can get the LMF on Amazon for about $20 more than the prodigy. It is heavier and more of a survival knife but one of my favorites.

I have a Gerber 650 that is nice. I sent a Leatherman back for warranty work and they replaced it free of charge. If it is easy to sharpen it will easy to dull

thanks for all the replies. will keep all of that in mind when im deciding on what to get. looks like im leaning towards the prodigy so far havent viewed any of the others yet
    ruger91

NRA member

Links