Yeah...I Know...It's From China but, for $3.50 I Had To Buy A Couple Of Them.

This is a discussion on Yeah...I Know...It's From China but, for $3.50 I Had To Buy A Couple Of Them. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took about a month for them to arrive but, they finally did. This was the exact auction that I used. (link below) Not exactly anything ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Yeah...I Know...It's From China but, for $3.50 I Had To Buy A Couple Of Them.

Administrator

Yeah...I Know...It's From China but, for $3.50 I Had To Buy A Couple Of Them.

Took about a month for them to arrive but, they finally did.

This was the exact auction that I used. (link below) Not exactly anything that I would want as a primary defense tool but they really do slip into a credit card slot in the wallet and as a last ditch after all of my other last ditches have been ditched - it might be decent to have handy. Maybe...possibly.

What can I say? I like interesting knife related things.

For sure this would not be something that will last long enough for you to pass down to your Grand kids.

The blade was surprisingly sharp though and extremely thin. This one is the most recent design. The newer improved version.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/200798799914?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1439.l2649

Rock and Glock and Brademan like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Cool Awesome

An origami knife !
    Last edited by pistola; September 16th, 2012 at 01:54 PM.
    357and40 and Brady like this.
    U.S. Army Veteran

If you fly much, just one more thing to forget until TSA helps you remember you had it LOL
    kmagnuss likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    It's supposed be that type of plastic that you can fold and unfold hundreds of times without it breaking at the folds.

I really just folded it and unfolded it a few times & checked the blade for sharpness - my Wife messed with hers a few times and then I popped mine into my wallet and hers into her purse wallet and there they will stay until we hopefully never need them.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If you fly much, just one more thing to forget until TSA helps you remember you had it LOL
    That's a valid point. A school also. Yes, you would need to remember that it is on your person.

I would HATE to deal with the inconvenience, expense & potential fines/jail of an unexpected weapon-possession charge...over that. IMHO, if I'm gonna' have a weapon, it needs to be a weapon.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    Interesting. Yeah the China thing stinks but I'd have to jump for 3.50. But as others have said and sure as God made little green apples, I'd end up in the bad people's line at RDU.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    You can't hardly have a more clever way to carry a knife stored in a wallet, but yeah, I'd definitely forget about it, and then TSA would find it and I'd overhear them talking about me being another one of the many followers of that QKShooter Cult.

Those Chinese, the next thing you know they'll have a coffee pot that folds up like that in your wallet.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    With tainted water, infested ground coffee and toxic fire tabs.........
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    Cool as heck.

In Mi. it would be illegal, I believe to have that outside of your home;

As indicated here:

4. I recently purchased a double-edged survival knife. Does Michigan law allow me to carry this in my vehicle?

MCL 750.227 No. A dagger, dirk, stiletto, or double-edged non-folding stabbing instrument of any length, or any other dangerous weapon, except a hunting knife adapted and carried as such, cannot be carried concealed on or about a person, or whether concealed or otherwise in any vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in their own home, place of business or on other land possessed by the person.

Taken from here:
    MSP - Michigan's Concealed Pistol Law - FAQs

The "folding" aspect of this design might get you off the hook, after you were arrested and got a lawyer to help you muddle through the mucky quagmire we refer to as the legal system.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Cool looking concept for last resort it could work. What is the length of the blade?

Looks like a knockoff of the Iain Sinclair CardSharp.

card_sharp2.jpg
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

get the band-aids out that looks like an accident waiting to happen

Those Chinese, the next thing you know they'll have a coffee pot that folds up like that in your wallet.
    Now I'd buy that for $3.50.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

That's a sweet little knife!
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links