Tactical pens

This is a discussion on Tactical pens within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have 4seven tactical pen $99 from their website. While in the class no one even notices it. For me it is more of a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Tactical pens

I have 4seven tactical pen $99 from their website. While in the class no one even notices it. For me it is more of a novelty item that could be used for defense if you don't have your gun or knife on you. Some Tactical pens can cost up to $200 like Benchmade pens

2. Remove Ads

The TecPen is a must-have for every mallninja. Order today!

Would love a tactical pen that uses Dr. Grip refills and is retractable.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Would love a tactical pen that uses Dr. Grip refills and is retractable.
    Don't know what Dr Grip is but the Hinderer's use the Space Pen refills, I'm with you on the retractable though.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    I have a monkeyball, a weighted ball bearing wrapped in 550 para chord. Its more for asthetics though and for quick access to my keys. I think it would anger a BG more than hurt them. My pen light is made from aluminum and is pretty solid, it would be good as a light weight kubaton... or whatever thoes things are called.
    I know making or selling "slungshot" is illegal in FL. Don't know about mere possession of it.
    (12) “Slungshot” means a small mass of metal, stone, sand, or similar material fixed on a flexible handle, strap, or the like, used as a weapon.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    I find that near to check-in time my back tends to go out on me, and I need to start using my 1 1/4" hickory cane with the brass hame head on it again. See Janich's excellent video.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

I have a UZI Tactical pen also. It rights really nice and is very sharp on both ends. When travelling I carry it in my shirt pocket and 12 sharpened pencils in my brief case that are held together with two sets of rubber bands. That makes a really nice defense device when you need it and always goes thru TSA. (TSA) Terrible Stupid Agency. I have no use for them as they cannot stop anything from getting on a plane including the food service folks.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

The original tactical pen was the ones we used for years as LEO. The matched set of cross pens. Metal and thin with a sharp point. You could get them in either gold or chrome to match ur uniform hardware. That's what I use to this day but only carry one the pen.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I have a Tuff Writer Tac Pen that is attractive, well made, and writes smoothly due to the Space Pen ink cartridge. Since Tac pens have become more known I don't risk carrying it through TSA checkpoints anymore due to it's expensive cost and the risk of confiscation. One drawback to many of the different tactical pens is the non-attaching top/cap. Many are threaded on the ink end of the pen, which is great, but when being used as a writing instrument the cap doesn't attach to the off end. This requires you to maintain control of the cap or risk loss.

Definitely look at the Tuff-Writer brand; good quality.

I have a Kley Zion got it free with something a long time back,
    writes great and I like the weight and feel of the pen in my hand.
    I Use it daily, I like it, and yes it could do some damage in a pinch but so will a rolled up magazine (the kind you read) in the right hands.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

I take it these are on the shelf just down from the tactical socks and underwear.
    You got to be kidding me.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Never bring a tactical pen to a knife fight.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    For places and countries/states that don't allow guns and other weapons to be carried, I have used my Surefire 6P Defender tactical flashlight w/ crenelated strike bezel. However, I am considering a tactical pen to add for those places.

Before I got my permit to conceal carry a tac pen, or TP as we pros call it, I used to open carry it on my hip. Problem is that every time I went to into a Starbucks, parents would pull their kids close to them because they got an eye full of my Mont Blanc Ninja class. Then, after a 48 hour three week class given at my local Office Max, I put in for my class XI license and now carry it concealed. I had a local guy make a kydex holster that's tuckable. I'm telling ya that even when wearing shorts and a t-shirt, I barely print. My wife asks me all the time, "Are you carrying Thor?" I call my TP Thor. Scrares the bejeezus out of the dogs when I threaten em with it.
    I'm saving my money to have a Crimson Trace put on that sucka. Watch out.
    PEF likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Never bring a tactical pen to a knife fight.
    And never bring either one to a gun fight for sure.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links