Why I Sold All My Hinderer Knives>>>>>>

This is a discussion on Why I Sold All My Hinderer Knives>>>>>> within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've just posted an article which I took no pleasure in writing. Unfortunately, I can no longer recommend the knives and other related products made ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Why I Sold All My Hinderer Knives>>>>>>

I've just posted an article which I took no pleasure in writing. Unfortunately, I can no longer recommend the knives and other related products made by Hinderer Knives. To find out why, click on the link below:

Why I Sold All My Hinderer Knives on ThruMyLens

-John

JD
    Administrator
    Interesting chain of events....

Sent via Tapatalk, and still using real words.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Interesting chain of events....

Sent via Tapatalk, and still using real words.
    True...but disappointing too.

Ok, so you bought a very expensive custom knife, then went on the forum owned by the knife maker and posted a review and comparison of a knife made by another maker which is forbidden on that forum. You then were called to task albeit rudely and got butt hurt. Then you blog 3 pages to tell everyone that you do not like him.

Crackers?

So what, don't buy his product. I don't buy $400 knives.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    Ok, so you bought a very expensive custom knife, then went on the forum owned by the knife maker and posted a review and comparison of a knife made by another maker which is forbidden on that forum.
    Actually there are no posted prohibitions against doing comparisons on USN. It's more of a Rick Hinderer unwritten rule.

You then were called to task albeit rudely and got butt hurt. Then you blog 3 pages to tell everyone that you do not like him.

Again, no. I wasn't "called to task" - simply treated rudely. Nor do I dislike Rick Hinderer per se. I've written several reviews recommending his products, so I think the full story of my experience with the company needs to be told.

I'm not discounting your experience with Rick, nor your dislike of Mick Strider for his outrageous claims, but I will say one thing-- don't confuse the integrity of the maker with his product. I personally have a Strider/Onion ZT that is one amazing piece of steel. I could whittle a brick down to dust and still use it to shave with after I'm done. Does Mick deserve a good old fashioned country a$$whipping for what he said/did? Yes. Am I going to ban his knives from my house? Nope-- I'll separate the two.
    I could honestly watch Sean Penn get ravaged by a near sighted grizzly who thinks Sean is a female in heat and I wouldn't lift a finger other than to use my cell to make a great Youtube entry. But, I'll darn sure watch Mystic River every time it's on TV. And I still laugh at Fast Times at Ridgemont High each time I watch it as if it were my first viewing.
    It just seems that you are REALLY going out of your way to highlight this issue. A simple, "This guy's a jerk and his customer service sucks", would have gotten the point across just as quickly as a three page diatribe.
    One thing I'll say, at least you do your research.
    TangoDelta and Bark'n like this.

CJM
    Don't go into another man's home and take a dump on his carpet.
    PB2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    Don't go into another man's home and take a dump on his carpet.
    I was wondering who did it....now I know
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I kind of agree with the drama queen comment. Sounds like you peed in the mans cool aid in his house and don't like the response.
    Azchief likes this.
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

With all due respect to the OP; it does tend to read like retaliation for being insulted on a public forum. I'm not saying I wouldn't have a problem with his BS either, but I'd give the clown a piece of my mind and be on my way. BTW, I don't have a problem with the three pages, I enjoy reading.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Why did you sell the knives? It sounds as though you like them well enough.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I agree. I think the OP pee'd in Mr. Hinderer's fruitloops and didn't like the response he got (and is still peeing in them since this is the second forum I've seen this same topic in, and this is not even primarily a knife forum). From my humble observation, it sounds like Mr. Hinderer is a man that backs his product and employees 100%. That is a quality seldom seen in upper management and/or ownership nowadays, and I like it.
    Azchief likes this.

Administrator
    pscipio03 ~ "I could whittle a brick down to dust and still use it to shave with after I'm done."

You do the Video and I'll fork out for the Bactine & the Band-aids.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

speak what you want. that is freedom of speech. But they have it too. Interesting read. Does'nt affect me one way or another. I carry benchmades or spyderco knives.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    pscipio03 ~ "I could whittle a brick down to dust and still use it to shave with after I'm done."

You do the Video and I'll fork out for the Bactine & the Band-aids.
    Never said what I could shave. Was thinking I could shave off a few minutes here and there...
    pgrass101 and QKShooter like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links