A do-it-all EDC Fixed Blade Under $150?

This is a discussion on A do-it-all EDC Fixed Blade Under $150? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any puukko (scandanavian) knife will do very well, even the partial tang ones. They also do not look scary. The drawback I've run into is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: A do-it-all EDC Fixed Blade Under $150?

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Any puukko (scandanavian) knife will do very well, even the partial tang ones. They also do not look scary.

The drawback I've run into is that they are basically a wood carving knife with a single grind to the blade from edge to the flat of the blade. The alloys are selected for this. But people will try to give them a two step grind, or, worse, an appleseed grind, then say the knife is nothing outstanding.

Ragnar's Forge is a good starting point:

Ragweed Forge

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Phillep Harding View Post
    Any puukko (scandanavian) knife will do very well, even the partial tang ones. They also do not look scary.

The drawback I've run into is that they are basically a wood carving knife with a single grind to the blade from edge to the flat of the blade. The alloys are selected for this. But people will try to give them a two step grind, or, worse, an appleseed grind, then say the knife is nothing outstanding.

Ragnar's Forge is a good starting point:

Ragweed Forge
    Those are definitely in the wheelhouse, and appeal to my Finnish heritage too ... lol. I'll take a look at them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links