pepper spray

This is a discussion on pepper spray within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Keep in mind when buying, Wisconsin Law : Pepper spray only is permitted, meaning the spray cannot contain MACE, tear gas or UV dyes. By ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: pepper spray

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Keep in mind when buying, Wisconsin Law: Pepper spray only is permitted, meaning the spray cannot contain MACE, tear gas or UV dyes. By regulation, OC products with a maximum OC concentration of 10% and weight range of oleoresin capsicum and inert ingredients of 15-60 grams are authorized. This equates to between 1/2 oz. and 2 oz. of spray.

2. Remove Ads

Check this , it may be just what the Non Gun folks need, Kimber America | Pepperblaster | The most powerful pepper defense system

and remora makes a holster for it also,

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Top brands IMO are Fox Labs and Sabre.

A good majority of the Fox Labs sprays contain UV dye, which is illegal in Wisconsin, so finding one that doesn't contain any isn't very easy. If you want to buy locally, Scheels in Appleton normally has a decent selection of Sabre and Ruger brand sprays (by the guns, next to the holsters/mags).

If you want any more info on OC spray check this thread: All about pepper spray.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill340 View Post
    Check this , it may be just what the Non Gun folks need, Kimber America | Pepperblaster | The most powerful pepper defense system
    I don't recommend this. It only contains 2 shots, isn't accurate, and is around $40-50. Its also a good idea to always test your sprays after you buy them to make sure they work correctly, which isn't possible with this. Just my opinion.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

hmmm...
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

VIP Member
    My favorite OC spray is the ALS Top Cop. Sadly they get all HK about the stuff and make it difficult for non-LEO/mil to purchase. It seems to act more quickly than the Fox to me, even though the end heat is somewhat lower (not that I could ever tell after getting hit with it). It may be worth the effort to buy but with Sabre and Fox being so much more available maybe not.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    My favorite OC spray is the ALS Top Cop. Sadly they get all HK about the stuff and make it difficult for non-LEO/mil to purchase.
    FYI, Top Cop appears to be available from Brownells with no apparent LEO-only restriction.

They also appear to have an OC grenade...

Cool

Just make sure you get a container that's large enough to have several sprays in them and have her practice with it at least once and make sure she is up wind and you wash it off well especially around the nozzle area.

The two depicted below are the Mark 6 .68 oz with clip and the Mark 3 which is the size most LEO's carry on their duty belt. Also make sure what you get has the "flip top". Have her carry her keys in one hand and the spray ready in the other.

If she has to use it make sure she sprays a copius amount in the face/eyes of the attacker and immediately leaves the area. Fox is an excellent brand of OC to use. I use the brand in the photo because Florida allows a combination formula of OC/CS.

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

what exactly is a uv dye? one that shows up under an ultraviolet light? and if so, WHY THE HELL IS IT ILLEGAL IN WISCONSIN?!

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    what exactly is a uv dye? one that shows up under an ultraviolet light? and if so, WHY THE HELL IS IT ILLEGAL IN WISCONSIN?!
    I don't believe that an OC spray with UV dye is illegal in WI. They refer to OC "mixed with other tear gas substances" as being illegal but the dye is only for ID purposes after it's used.

Many states restrict chemical sprays that contain other than just the oleoresin capsicum (OC) as the irritant.

This is directly from the WI gov site http://datcp.wi.gov/uploads/Consumer...erSpray157.pdf

There's a number on the pdf you can call with questions so that's what I'd recommend to get the straight skinny.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

thank you. i have been googling "wisconsin pepper spray legality" and variations thereof and hadn't stumbled upon that page.

VIP Member
    Thanks Xader. I'm lucky in that all of the channels sell it to me. Maybe ALS has backed down off their high horse, or Brownells just refuses to put up with it. Either way, I'm glad the lesser known product is out there for those that prefer it.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    Thanks Xader. I'm lucky in that all of the channels sell it to me. Maybe ALS has backed down off their high horse, or Brownells just refuses to put up with it. Either way, I'm glad the lesser known product is out there for those that prefer it.
    Happy to help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links