'Dangerous objects' banned on Las Vegas Strip

This is a discussion on 'Dangerous objects' banned on Las Vegas Strip within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OldVet Apparently you've never been there. There is so much more to Vegas than gambling. It is not the Sin City of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 'Dangerous objects' banned on Las Vegas Strip

'Dangerous objects' banned on Las Vegas Strip

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Apparently you've never been there. There is so much more to Vegas than gambling. It is not the Sin City of old.
    Actually, I spent a week there last year to attend a training class for work. I was only a few blocks from the strip and never went there.

I spent my free time on a day trip to the Grand Canyon. ;)
    Mike

“Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense.”
    John Adams (Americas 2nd US President)

2. Remove Ads

I recently saw a documentary about illegal drug abuse in Las Vegas, and according to the show, drug use is rampant - as is prostitution. In fact, the show said over 50% of tourists are looking for one (or both).

One thing for sure, the LEO's in Vegas must be very busy. And now they will have even more regulations to enforce!!
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    I recently saw a documentary about illegal drug abuse in Las Vegas, and according to the show, drug use is rampant - as is prostitution. In fact, the show said over 50% of tourists are looking for one (or both).

One thing for sure, the LEO's in Vegas must be very busy. And now they will have even more regulations to enforce!!
    I seriously doubt 50%+ are looking for drugs or prostitutes as both are illegal there, and both can just as easily be found at home cities without the added expense of airfare. Take away the drugs and LoN, and Vegas wouldn't skip a beat.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I see where the vagueness of "dangerous objects" is going to be trouble. My tactical pen (I hate "tactical") can be dangerous, but so can the Bic. Who gets to decide what's "dangerous"?

Unfortunetly what sucks is the LEO that arrests you makes that determiniation of what is dangerous and then you have to spend $$$ to defend yourself from your BIC pen, etc. God Bless

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links