REVIEW: The Spyderco Paramilitary 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This is a discussion on REVIEW: The Spyderco Paramilitary 2>>>>>>>>>>>>> within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally got around to picking up an example of this very popular tactical folder and posted an article with photos on ThruMyLens: Review of the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By spolct

Thread: REVIEW: The Spyderco Paramilitary 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Finally got around to picking up an example of this very popular tactical folder and posted an article with photos on ThruMyLens:

Review of the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 on ThruMyLens

Enjoy and please do let me know your thoughts!

Re: REVIEW: The Spyderco Paramilitary 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Good article John. I carry a Spiderco Endura stainless, and it sure is Shiney (and intimidating).

I like to carry mine like an IBW holster, which brings me to the Shiney stainless clip. It makes it more noticeable. So if you don't care if it can be seen the stainless is good looking. But covert should be black or a least dark.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Quote Originally Posted by DroidGeorge View Post
    Good article John. I carry a Spiderco Endura stainless, and it sure is Shiney (and intimidating).

I like to carry mine like an IBW holster, which brings me to the Shiney stainless clip. It makes it more noticeable. So if you don't care if it can be seen the stainless is good looking. But covert should be black or a least dark.

George
    I see your point. During the week, I usually keep my knives in my pants pocket unclipped. On the weekends I don't car so much. So basically this isn't a huge consideration for me personally, but I do see your point.

RKM
    Love my Paramilitary 2. Only digital camo with satin blade was in stock when I went to order it from my preferred dealer, BladeHQ. I ended up dying the G10 handles black in RIT dye in boiling water. They turned out great! I love the Paramilitary 2. I would like to buy another one, camo with a black blade. The camo just doesn't look right with the satin blade, which is why I dyed them black.

If you look hard enough, you can kinda see the camo pattern show through, but not noticeable enough.... I also put a matt-black Endura pocket clip on it.

Love mine.

paramil.jpg
    "Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    .... I also put a matt-black Endura pocket clip on it.
    Does anyone know why Spyderco doesn't use subdued screws? I love the knives but don't understand the aesthetics.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I'm seriously considering a PM2 and believe it will be a great knife given how much I love my Delica 4. I'm also wanting to get a knife that has S30V just to see what its like. Kudos to Spyderco for offering premium steel for the folks that can't afford the "custom knives".

thanks for the review. i've carried one of these daily for the past year - it was a gift from my father-in-law. it's a bit on the large side but it carries nicely and the blade is rock solid.
    BcbPM9 likes this.

Is that a liner lock?
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Yeah the millies are liner locks. I just realized the para allows for tip up carry unlike the full size. Hmmmm

Just picked up a brown paramilitary 2 and can't be more happier. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356679109.750233.jpg

Sponsored Links