New Neck Knife

This is a discussion on New Neck Knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; CT4501.jpg CT450.jpg Hello All,Just purchased a Colt Black handle G10.I live in Texas and got this for self defense.Never owned a knife like this and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By QKShooter

Thread: New Neck Knife

Cool New Neck Knife

CT4501.jpgCT450.jpgHello All,Just purchased a Colt Black handle G10.I live in Texas and got this for self defense.Never owned a knife like this and I was thinking about 550 to made loops to wear under shirt on belt.Thought of 550 for neck.Was going to use 2 pieces with plastic break away snaps.This was about the only decent knife under $20.00 that is less than 5.5".Looked at Ka Bar piggyback but these Chinese "CHI-BAR'S" really have BAD FITTING shealths.Sooo What do ya'll think??? Thanks,Peace

2. Remove Ads

Interesting..

Good idea on the breakaway snaps, if you're using the 550. Unless you weigh 551 pounds, of course.

Senior Moderator
    I would wear it on your belt, my problem with neck knives is that they have a tendency to swing around your body when you are moving quickly
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Agreed, horizontal belt carry makes more sense to me. You can easily cut yourself or get tangled in your own clothes during rapid deployment of a sharp neck knife. (Uh, don't ask how I know.) Most important advice I can suggest, if you're gonna' go that route, get some quality dedicated knife training. Asian or Filipino styles are (whew)...highly effective.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Biggest concern I have with a neck knife is the fact that most place the knife directly under your vehicle's seatbelt shoulder strap. If you have ever been in a serious car accident, then you know the kinds of forces that can be unleashed. Having that knife between my heart and my seatbelt/airbag...not gonna happen.

The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

How does the G10 feel against your skin? My Spyderco Resilience has G10 handles and I don't think I'd like that up on me all day.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Ive contemplated getting a neck knife and just couldnt bring myself to do it. Too much risk of gutting yourself. Though, It would be nice to have if you can run it through your shoe laces. That would be more practical if your out and about town and want discretion.

Administrator
    I would not put 550 Paracord around my neck. If you decide to go with 550 and a breakaway I would use at least two breakaway units. One for behind the neck and another one down near the sheath.

Personally I'd stay with the bead chain for neck carry because an attacker can never choke you to death with a length of bead chain.
    pittypat21 likes this.

That's VERY TRUE !!!

Links