COMPARISON: The Spyderco Paramilitary 2 vs. The Manix 2>>>>>

This is a discussion on COMPARISON: The Spyderco Paramilitary 2 vs. The Manix 2>>>>> within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; These are two very similar tactical folders and which I think beg comparison. Here's a link to my comparative review: The Paramilitary 2 vs. The ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rolex_John

Thread: COMPARISON: The Spyderco Paramilitary 2 vs. The Manix 2>>>>>

These are two very similar tactical folders and which I think beg comparison. Here's a link to my comparative review:

The Paramilitary 2 vs. The Manix 2 on ThruMyLens

Enjoy and do let me know your thoughts on these two great knives!

-John
    Drgnfly and Ogien like this.

I have an older Syderco Police Model folder similar to that Paramilitary knife I carried for years on duty when I worked in a City and it suited me well..the advantage to the newer ones is that G10 grip that is tacky enough to help you hold on to the knife when your hands get sweaty. I actually put deck safety tape or "skaters tape" on my all stainless Police model for that reason. Ofcourse years down the road when I was in a really cool store in Va Beach I grabbed a Manix identical to the one you show in your thread and I love it. I like the wider blade over the extra quarter inch of length. Just get one or both of them. Life is too short enjoy buying them both and tell your wife tough tomatoes.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

RKM
    I have both the PM2 and the Manix. I'm not sure if I could choose between them if I had to. The thing I love about these that are available on other spyderco's, but not many other manufactures knives, is the finger choil half on the blade and half on the grip. I've seen it on other folders, but Spyderco gets it right.

My 3 favorite EDC knives would have to be my Spyderco Para2, Kershaw Leek and (believe it or not) my Spyderco UK Pen knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex_John View Post
    These are two very similar tactical folders and which I think beg comparison. Here's a link to my comparative review:

The Paramilitary 2 vs. The Manix 2 on ThruMyLens

Enjoy and do let me know your thoughts on these two great knives!

-John
    That's quite a good review I must say. I have limited experience with the Manix but think quite highly of it from the limited exposure I've had. I whole heartedly agree that between these two knives it really does come down to aesthetics and just generally which one feels better to the individuals hand.

I have MANY knives in my collection and each is different and is almost tailored for a different type of use. In general they are, obviously, all knives that are and will remain extremely sharp. In my opinion there is nothing more dangerous to the user than a dull knife. One is at much more risk of harm using a dull knife than a sharp one and this is almost my mantra that I tell everyone and here is how that ties in to the Spyderco PM2 and Manix. Both of these knives will hold an incredibly edge. They are both solid with virtually no play and a VERY sturdy locking mechanism. They are great for the fact that they are both one hand opening without the need of assisted opening springs or levers.

Please don't get me wrong, there are quite a few knives that are assisted open that I have and prize in my collection. Yet to me, the fact that the Spyderco's are made of "some of the finest stuff on earth" and the fact that their beauty lies in the simplicity of their design while still being almost as quick to open as an assisted opener means a lot to me. Honestly, Spyderco has outdone itself with these two knives, and most of their other knives too.

There are many "high-end" knife companies around but I believe that Spyderco is, at the very least, in the top 10 if not in the top 5 category of excellent knife makers.

Whether one picks the Manix or the PM2 you are assured of having a knife that will serve you very well for many years to come with reliability and endurance due to the care taken in making these excellent knives.

I think you have likely figured out that I am a huge fan of Spyderco knives. They may not be considered "pretty" by most people but their beauty lies beneath the skin.

Sponsored Links