Kimber pepper blaster ii

This is a discussion on Kimber pepper blaster ii within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not bad I can see situations it would be useful, such as indoors. FYI Bear and Dog Spray is not the same as human due ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kimber pepper blaster ii

Kimber pepper blaster ii

Not bad I can see situations it would be useful, such as indoors. FYI Bear and Dog Spray is not the same as human due to the variance in the nasal systems.

One of the advantages with Sprays, and I suggest most people carry one is its ability,to be deployed on multiple attackers. A baton or taser IMO are inferior in multiple combatant Senerios and for $10.00 it's an effective , inexpensive additional option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    Not bad I can see situations it would be useful, such as indoors. FYI Bear and Dog Spray is not the same as human due to the variance in the nasal systems.

One of the advantages with Sprays, and I suggest most people carry one is its ability,to be deployed on multiple attackers. A baton or taser IMO are inferior in multiple combatant Senerios and for $10.00 it's an effective , inexpensive additional option.

Yes but I will caution you it still causes a lot of hacking and choking. I think it is because it has the evaporating alcohol carrier. I am going to stick with an ASP Key Defender OC device. It was recommended to me by a Dallas Police Officer. It has multiple blasts of a 10% OC @ 2MM SHU and 1.3% Capsaicinoids and that is now the standard in Law Enforcement. That level is supposed to be the most intense formula that is still safe for use on humans. If the OC does not work you also have an impact weapon in your hand.

https://www.asp-usa.com/store/defenders.html
    Last edited by Brent2006; November 29th, 2012 at 01:17 PM.

This is the final test of the Pepper Blaster II and I am switching to this product. The unit performs exactly as advertised. I drew the Pepper Blaster II from my coat pocket and fired two quick blasts without careful aiming. The entire face and surrounding target area was coated in the pepper solution. This product also shoots much further than traditional OC sprays and because it is not an aerosol it will never lose pressure. You can get them on Midway USA for 29.99 right now until the end of Dec. Great option for your wife, mother, daughter or yourself.

Kimber pepper blaster ii

Thank you for doing this. I have 23 yr old on her own for the first time after college. This dad still worries about her, so Santa will be bringing her one.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I would keep it where the kiddies can't find it. It looks like cherry flavored with marshmallows inside. Yum!
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    Thank you for doing this. I have 23 yr old on her own for the first time after college. This dad still worries about her, so Santa will be bringing her one.

You are welcome! Definitely get her one. I've been wearing mine in my front pocket for past two days and love it. It's unobtrusive and fits nicely in the pocket. When walking into a parking lot I'll put it in my hand and it feels like a cell phone. Good luck!

The Pepper Blaster is a great option for those who prefer an OC defense modality. This device is made in Switzerland and marketed by Kimber in the USA. As you point out, it contains two aliquots of a proprietary OC gel. The gel formulation is heavy and sticky, helping to minimize blowback associated with sprays/aerosols. Also, each OC gel projectile is forced through a perforated nozzle by a pyrotechnic charge, hence the name "Blaster".
    I bought one for my 18 year old daughter until she is old enough for her CCP. Galco makes a neat leather holster for pocket or purse carry.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by DocT65 View Post
    The Pepper Blaster is a great option for those who prefer an OC defense modality. This device is made in Switzerland and marketed by Kimber in the USA. As you point out, it contains two aliquots of a proprietary OC gel. The gel formulation is heavy and sticky, helping to minimize blowback associated with sprays/aerosols. Also, each OC gel projectile is forced through a perforated nozzle by a pyrotechnic charge, hence the name "Blaster".
    I bought one for my 18 year old daughter until she is old enough for her CCP. Galco makes a neat leather holster for pocket or purse carry.
    I will check out the Galco Holster. I only knew of the DeSantis model. I agree with everything you said. A hit with a Pepper Blaster II is going to ruin any perps day. I know the company Piexon in Switzerland has mfg several cutting edge technologies for deploying chemical agents. Maricopa County Sheriffs department has been very satisfied with this technology. I remember an article in a handgun mag about an inmate who had been hit with aerosol OC, with no effect. They hit him with the Pepper Blaster and he went down instantly.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Thanks Brent, I have one..never fired it but it`s part of my EDC. I`ll continue to carry it along with other "Toys".

Quote Originally Posted by Brent2006 View Post
    I will check out the Galco Holster. I only knew of the DeSantis model. I agree with everything you said. A hit with a Pepper Blaster II is going to ruin any perps day. I know the company Piexon in Switzerland has mfg several cutting edge technologies for deploying chemical agents. Maricopa County Sheriffs department has been very satisfied with this technology. I remember an article in a handgun mag about an inmate who had been hit with aerosol OC, with no effect. They hit him with the Pepper Blaster and he went down instantly.
    Went back and looked at my daughter's rig......holster is DeSantis, not Galco. It is nice, nonetheless. My bad.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy1933 View Post
    There is no debating Fox Labs is a very very did I say very effective pepper spray. It's up there with the best of the best. But I will tell you that the industry has moved away from using Scoville Heat Units to measure the pungency of OC sprays. The Environmental Protection Agency, Health Canada, American Spice and Trade Association (ASTA), and Association of Analytical Chemists (AOAC) all agree that the percentage of Major Capsaicinoids determines the pungency of OC Pepper Spray products. This is two government agencies and two scientific agencies that developed scientific methods to quantify the heat level of pepper sprays. The percentage of Major Capsaicinoids is the only accurate indicator of the pepper sprays pungency. Do not let anyone tell you differently and if they do tell you differently they are not telling you factual information.

For example:

Fox Labs is 2% OC of 5.3MM SHU with 0.7% Major Capsaicinoids. The true SHU in the solution is 100,000 but since Fox uses one of the purest resins and an effective solvent it is very effective and fast acting.

SABRE RED and ASP are 10% OC 2MM SHU with 1.33% Major Capsaicinoids. The true SHU in the solution is 200,000

Anything 1.0% Capsaicinoids (not the same thing as OC %) is getting in bear spray strength and is very effective. Bear Sprays by EPA reg must be between 1.0%-2.0% Major Capsaicinoids.
    Last edited by Brent2006; December 6th, 2012 at 10:53 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links