Do you feel pressure to buy before ban?

This is a discussion on Do you feel pressure to buy before ban? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought all that stuff and felt that I was prepared for anything. Then I made the mistake of storing it all on that boat ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Do you feel pressure to buy before ban?

I bought all that stuff and felt that I was prepared for anything. Then I made the mistake of storing it all on that boat that sank a couple of days ago on Norris Lake.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I bought all that stuff and felt that I was prepared for anything. Then I made the mistake of storing it all on that boat that sank a couple of days ago on Norris Lake.

I just think that firearm owners are just really bad with boats, seems to be happening to everyone
    scgunlover1 and Lish like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBadger417 View Post
    I just think that firearm owners are just really bad with boats, seems to be happening to everyone
    Well, I can't speak for everybody else. I can only tell you what happened to me. I was out on that there lake in my 41' Sea Ray Sundancer (that's a pretty roomy bass boat), just minding my own business. I had my guns with me 'cause you don't want to leave them at home lessen they fall into the wrong hands. So, anyway I'm sippin' on a beer and tryin' to figure where in hell I can hook the trollin' motor on the Sea Ray. My cousin Billy Ray Jim Bob (on my wife's side of the family) is out there on one of those jet skis acting a fool (well he is a fool, so there weren't much acting involved). According to him, and I have to take his word for it, a wasper stung him on the butt and he goosed the throttle and lost control. Here he comes full speed right through the center of my bass boat on the starboard side. It sank quicker than you can yell "One of you grab the beer cooler!!"

All my guns and ammo are at the bottom of the lake. That's my story (the insurance company will verify it).
    aus71383 and brocktice like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Do you feel pressure to buy before ban?

I'm not buying any firearms that we've had on our wish list. We were planning on getting through Christmas before making any large dollar purchases for ourselves. Hopefully we'll still be able to get what we planned but I'm not going to spend money we had earmarked for the kids out of fear of what "might" happen. I did buy a couple mags I've been meaning to get but hadn't gotten around to before.

I was very frustrated at the ammo case at Walmart today - it's the lowest I've seen it in a long time. I wasn't look to stock up out if panic... I'm going to the range Thursday with my bestie, we haven't been in ages and I can never seem to build a stock pile, I can never refrain from shooting as much as I get my hands on! (That's the problem with ladies range days, I go to the range much more often than I would if I had to pay for it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    I feel it. Unfortunately I can't do much about it with Christmas upon us. I would love to go buy an M4 or something in that family.
    yes, there's definitely that feeling to go out and buy now! banning AR 15 platform rifles will just be the start,with many more bans to follow.we are in danger of losing are gun right altogether,if you think it can't happen,think again!

Why wouldn't I feel the pressure after my country re-elects this kind of Administration.We have a corrupt media who protects a corrupt government.The Ozzies used to be self reliant rugged individualists who valued their freedom from the Mother land England and now look at them. They rolled over with not so much as a wimper.I know I know i'm just a dumb ignorant hick clinging to my God and guns and whose opinion is not considered credible by the majority of Americans now.My opinion is they will slowly erode the 2nd Am until its just a shell of its former self.The media and the drones that follow them will skip merrily down that road.If I had the money i would start buying.Call me what names you will, just don't call me late for dinner.
    daddysgirl likes this.

Can't got chrismas and my child of mine decided to get married on the 22nd. Im taped out till Jan.

RKM
    I feel like I have what I need. I don't feel pressured to buy anything that may be banned. Most anything I'd like to purchase would likely not be included in an AWB. Truthfully, the next rifle I'd like to buy is an M1-A or Marlin 336. And the next handgun I'd like to purchase may be a revolver. A Glock 20 and Springfield Champ Operator 1911 would be nice. But the S&W 329PD has caught my eye.

I was considering buying a stripped lower last weekend at a gun show to build a 14.5" dedicated home defense AR, but decided against it, for now anyway. I'm most likely to just use a pistol for HD anyway and have an AR already for any greater threats.

Another AWB would obviously be seriously bad news. I along with all of you don't want to see that happen. But what I really fear are the currently owned firearms not being grandfather in. Or later down the road how this may impact carry laws and castle doctrine laws, or just general firearms ownership. Will there be any chance for the spread "stand your ground" laws in the future? Will the general idea of concealed or open carry later be seriously frowned upon? Will defense shootings be nearly impossible to defend against in the court of law? Will any defensive shooting be immediately looked at as a murder? Will we even be allowed to carry in a few years? Those are what I TRULY fear.

These are nothing but "feel good" laws. Making people feel safer. It's like a placebo.

VIP Member
    If prices really go up again I may go into sell mode. Buy low, sell high.
    aus71383 likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Yup. Just ordered an AK 47 today. I have wanted one for a while but didn't have the money. All this talk of the ban got me scared, so I bought one with a credit card.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Nah. I can't stand all this hype, just annoys the heck out me. 6 months from now when it's all a distant memory I'll look to start up my addiction again.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

If I still owned any handguns, I might have picked up a couple of mags each for my Glock 19 and 31. Never a bad idea to stock up on mags.

Of course, I offloaded those things about two weeks ago. Down to just an old, rusty Remington nylon 66.

You cannot imagine how much money I save now that I have no guns to buy ammo for.
    aus71383 likes this.

Yes

Maybe I should get into massive credit card debt....

Austin

And then ask for a bailout......
    atctimmy and aus71383 like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links