Do you feel pressure to buy before ban? - Page 3

Do you feel pressure to buy before ban?

This is a discussion on Do you feel pressure to buy before ban? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do I feel pressured? Sure, a little bit. But honestly? Mostly I just really really want an "evil baby killing not-for-deer-hunting-but-for-military-use-only easily-made-fully-automatic assault weapon". I'm ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Do you feel pressure to buy before ban?

Do I feel pressured? Sure, a little bit. But honestly? Mostly I just really really want an "evil baby killing not-for-deer-hunting-but-for-military-use-only easily-made-fully-automatic assault weapon". I'm not sure how likely it is that a ban will actually happen again, but I'd like to get mine before it does. I also just received a check the other day with a sum of money that will make it possible to get one. That's been pressuring me the most.
    brocktice likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Not really. Needs are pretty much covered.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    I don't own any of the weapons they, at least at this time anyways, think are Assault Guns. But who knows, give them an inch and they will take a mile.
    scgunlover1 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Nope, not feeling it. I didn't need to buy a new flag after 9-11 either.
    kerberos, pittypat21 and aus71383 like this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I feel the pressure but I have been listening to talk radio. I did buy a couple new mags.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Nope. I don't like guns and wouldn't have one around me. I live in a part of the country where only the good guys live. We don't need guns here.
    daddysgirl likes this.
    SCGunLover1

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    My problem is, I was already in the market looking for my first lower to start my first build. I hadn't planned on buying quite yet for financial reasons, but now I do feel pressured to get it now before it is not available(do to laws or massive demand). I will not pay the exorbitant prices at an auction, or some jerk trying to price gouge, but if I can find what I was looking into, I will buy it now instead of waiting.
    Walk softly ...

Speaking only for myself I just recently put together my first AR. Before recently it just wasn't a necessary purchase. I purchased the upper and lower separate from each other before all the asshatery began. I am now scrambling to make sure I have a spare lower only because my first build is with a polymer lower. Please do not turn this into a polymer vs aluminum thread. Just don't want to hear it. I love the weight of the thing and so far a with a thousand rounds through it I've not had one hiccup with it. BUT the practical side of me wants an aluminum back up just in case. So I've had to purchase a lower throughout this madness.

Luckily my local shops do not gouge and so I was able to purchase another lower for a fair price. For the other pieces I will wait this madness out. Because if I remember right during the last ban it was the lower that one could not get. Everything else was readily available except for the said lowers and high cap magazines. Hopefully it stays that way and they don't dream any new crap up.

Well I bought the last two boxes of .223 ammo we had in the store today....just to keep it from falling into the wrong hands.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links