Got my Utility HAK today!

This is a discussion on Got my Utility HAK today! within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ordered a Utility HAK about 2 weeks ago and picked it up this morning. Its a great little knife. I can really see how this ...

Thread: Got my Utility HAK today!

Got my Utility HAK today!

Ordered a Utility HAK about 2 weeks ago and picked it up this morning. Its a great little knife. I can really see how this small knife could do more damage than a larger conventional fixed or folder. It is definatly more lethal than it's size lets on. The position on the hand gives you alot of control and stabbing/slashing power. I probably won't be getting the more expensive models because I need other gear more than an extra HAK. But the money for the Utility HAK was well spent.

As I am not 21 yet and plan to go into law enforcement in 6 to 7 months I will not be getting my CHL. So this little blade gives me legal way to carry a good self defense weapon. Not to say I wouldn't rather carry a gun or at least a Strider 11.5" Tanto, but discreation is a factor.

Anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about here is the site- www.hideawayknife.com. As I use it over the next week I'll come back and post more.

2. Remove Ads

How Much $?

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

cool, a hideaway is high on my list of "knives to get" (unfortunately the list is rather long).

If memory serves, the utility model is about $70?
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Yep the Utility HAK is the base model. Which means you don't get to pick which custom artist does the grind and there is only one finish. Also the steel is not as good, but it is still great steel. It is $69 and I bought some black sheathsticks which brought the total to $93 to my door. The sheathsticks are a pair of pins that look like jeans rivets so you can pin it to your clothing. Also the kydex sheath is top knotch. Reholstering isn't one handed due to the small size, but it is very quick. And the knife is very secure in the holster. Slow tugging is diffucult to draw the knife, but a quick draw and it pops rights out. Reassures me that the knife won't accidentally fall out.

Its cool to know that I have a knife that was custom fit to my hand and it fits like a glove.

Cool.

I Machined my first HAK last nigt. I'd been eyeing them for some time now but can't afford it.

I work as a CNC machinist. I drew it up in MasterCam and threw it in the HAAS mill with a peice of O1 tool steel.

Came out ok, for a novice. I have not faced off the extra material yet. I'm glad they came out with the inexpensive "utility". I might throw down a credit card for one soon.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I love mine...I know there are fancier models but this does me fine...and it's sharper than anythng....I've recently put on a thinner string so it can't choke me out...

Yep you've got the same one as I do. For the 1st week I had it deployed alot of the time I was it home. I typed papers for school, channel surfed, and even brushed my teeth while having this little blade deployed. And I've tested stabbing semi soft objects and this little beast will quickly stab all the way to the finger capsule.

I most likely won't be buying any of the more expensive models, at least until I have more spending money. I really really love this blade.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I don't deploy mine while brushing my teeth ever since I confused hands and cut my gums with it...I also stopped deploying it in the bedroom...for some reason girls look at you wierd when you have a knfie out...especially on the first date.

Lead Moderator
    Nice knife. Hmm, making my own, might not be too bad of idea.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Mine is a hip knife. I found it way to slow to put into action when worn around my neck. I don't have my CHL yet so this is one of my primary defensive weapons, when not at home, and I need to be able to get to it quick.

Links