New Batons - Page 2

New Batons

This is a discussion on New Batons within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ELCruisr Nice looking rig Lew! I've been pondering the idea of an Asp or a blackjack in my pickup here in FL. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Batons

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    Nice looking rig Lew! I've been pondering the idea of an Asp or a blackjack in my pickup here in FL. Not sure yet.

Ti, gotta love those semi RV haulers. My wife and I live in a motor home now. Only way we can afford living in this area right now! Besides we are nomads at heart. If we weren't dead set on getting back on a boat I wanted to do a semi conversion myself. Pay a shop for the frame and sheetmetal and with my shop I could handle the rest. A major improvement over the standard RV fare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    That is funny the wife and I were considering doing just that. Although we are just the opposite, we can handle the metal work, but the interior is another matter...

That's funny cause I can't do squat of any of it unless I am running fiber optic, security cameras/systems, voice/data lines or satellite.

There is a German Engineer here that makes them but it takes him close to a year to complete one. He uses three rear axles and wow does that make a difference. He has one he built that he uses to haul his Porsche racing car's and haul's two or three "inside" of it at time. He designed a hydraulic lift system so one could be in the air and one underneath and one in front of them.

He can work on them while going down the road if he want's. With the car's in there he has just a small finished section with a couch, t.v., microwave, etc, in there. He'd rather stay at a hotel so it is set up just to basically haul his car's and equipment, he has all hard wood floor's from front to back, it is really nice. He can also do anything that he can at his shop with that rig, the dude has everything on it he need's for doing anything to it or the race car's at anytime. He pisses me off at the knowledge he has with all that stuff, it is quite amazing. He gave me a price quote to do one to my spec’s and using some of his designs (such as the 3 axle’s) and I got this acute shooting pain in my stomach, became very hot all of the sudden and nearly passed out when he did. They ain't cheap folk's!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    That is funny the wife and I were considering doing just that. Although we are just the opposite, we can handle the metal work, but the interior is another matter...
    Hey, if we do a pair of 'em maybe we can help each other out! I've done yacht interiors up to 110', Rv's are easier, not a lot of compound curves! My wood shop's pushing 6,000 sf, CNC capabilities and all, these days but now we're inland (yuch) doing broadcast furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    That's funny cause I can't do squat of any of it unless I am running fiber optic, security cameras/systems, voice/data lines or satellite.

He gave me a price quote to do one to my spec’s and using some of his designs (such as the 3 axle’s) and I got this acute shooting pain in my stomach, became very hot all of the sudden and nearly passed out when he did. They ain't cheap folk's!
    Ti.
    From your description I can just bet! I'd need a good lottery ticket to do one of those I bet, but what a rig!!! Might even tempt me away from my next boat but, no, I guess not. Got too much salt water in my veins....
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links