Kershaw Model 1605 Clash

Kershaw Model 1605 Clash

This is a discussion on Kershaw Model 1605 Clash within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi everyone,Just purchased a Kershaw 1605 Clash folder.This is my first Kershaw.Does anyone have one of these and can you tell me about the quality,etc. ...

Thread: Kershaw Model 1605 Clash

North Central Texas

Kershaw Model 1605 Clash

Hi everyone,Just purchased a Kershaw 1605 Clash folder.This is my first Kershaw.Does anyone have one of these and can you tell me about the quality,etc. I have not received it yet but I did not realise that it is made in China!!!.I though that Kershaw was A good old U.S. made knife. All opinions welcome and I thank you all in advance.I paid $ 17.50 at auction on ebay.
    Last edited by BadFinger63; December 27th, 2012 at 05:33 PM.

south florida
    i have this knife the quality in my opinion is decent. i like kershaws in general. i became a fan after purchasing the skyline, cause i like a thinner lighter knife. this knife is on the heavy thicker side. its very sturdy and super sharp. i wish the pocket clip was a bit higher so that it falls deeper into the pocket. good knife i paid more you got a good price. enjoy your new toy.

Re: Kershaw Model 1605 Clash

I have one of these too. Paid just about what you did...maybe a little more. Once, I was prying a set of this steel bars and snapped it in half. Yea, don't do that....that's not what its for.

Anyway, I mailed it to Kershaw to get it repaired with an explanation of what I'd done; fully expecting a call for an estimate or, at the very least ,an email. ( I figured - how bad could it be to repair such an inexpensive knife? I liked it enough to try. )For a week and a half....nothing. On day 12, I received a replacement in the mail, apparently, no questions asked. For that, they have a fan for life. That kind of CS is getting harder to find these days. Will I own more expensive knives? Absolutely. But I wouldn't hesitate to keep carrying my Kershaws. In fact, I have an RJ II on me right now.:)

Enjoy it! It's a good buy, especially at that price.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'

“The Second Amendment is timeless for our Founders grasped that self-defense is three-fold: every free individual must protect themselves against the evil will of the man, the mob and the state.”
    ― Tiffany Madison

Lead Moderator
    I own two Kershaw Blur knives and my SO has a Scallion. All appear to be good quality and have served well.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Moderator
    Central Florida
    I like Kershaws, and I have several. All have served me well, and I think you will appreciate your new one.

Of all my Kershaws, the 1840CKT is my favorite. Nice size blade, but will require a box of bandaids to finalize quick defensive opening/closing moves...that sucker is SHARP!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links