Defensive Carry banner

Kershaw Model 1605 Clash

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  RETSUPT99 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,Just purchased a Kershaw 1605 Clash folder.This is my first Kershaw.Does anyone have one of these and can you tell me about the quality,etc.:confused: I have not received it yet but I did not realise that it is made in China!!!:aargh4:.I though that Kershaw was A good old U.S. made knife. All opinions welcome and I thank you all in advance.:wave:I paid $ 17.50 at auction on ebay.:embarassed:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
i have this knife the quality in my opinion is decent. i like kershaws in general. i became a fan after purchasing the skyline, cause i like a thinner lighter knife. this knife is on the heavy thicker side. its very sturdy and super sharp. i wish the pocket clip was a bit higher so that it falls deeper into the pocket. good knife i paid more you got a good price. enjoy your new toy.

#3 ·
I have one of these too. Paid just about what you did...maybe a little more. Once, I was prying a set of this steel bars and snapped it in half. Yea, don't do that....that's not what its for.

Anyway, I mailed it to Kershaw to get it repaired with an explanation of what I'd done; fully expecting a call for an estimate or, at the very least ,an email. ( I figured - how bad could it be to repair such an inexpensive knife? I liked it enough to try. )For a week and a half....nothing. On day 12, I received a replacement in the mail, apparently, no questions asked. For that, they have a fan for life. That kind of CS is getting harder to find these days. Will I own more expensive knives? Absolutely. But I wouldn't hesitate to keep carrying my Kershaws. In fact, I have an RJ II on me right now.:)

Enjoy it! It's a good buy, especially at that price.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

#5 ·
I like Kershaws, and I have several. All have served me well, and I think you will appreciate your new one.

Of all my Kershaws, the 1840CKT is my favorite. Nice size blade, but will require a box of bandaids to finalize quick defensive opening/closing moves...that sucker is SHARP!
http://www.kershaw-knives.net/Kershaw-Shallot-Black-1840CKT.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.