Help! I'm Addicted To Benchmade Knives... - Page 3

Help! I'm Addicted To Benchmade Knives...

This is a discussion on Help! I'm Addicted To Benchmade Knives... within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you find a 12 step program for this "addiction", please let me know so I can send my hubby to it too. He just ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Help! I'm Addicted To Benchmade Knives...

If you find a 12 step program for this "addiction", please let me know so I can send my hubby to it too. He just got another knife.
    Bark'n likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Spirit, there is a 12 step program... I have at least 12 more knives to get as part of the program.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Spirit, there is a 12 step program... I have at least 12 more knives to get as part of the program.

I don't doubt that one bit.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Well, as Spirit alluded to, my Spyderco Paramilitary 2 arrived today. (Oh, and her mouth just dropped when she read what the 12 step program was all about).

Man, I'm loving this Paramilitary 2. While Spyderco has a definite style and flair which is different than Benchmades, they are both on par with their quality. Both companies produce some of the highest quality production knives on the market today.

I like them both equally, although I have more Benchmades than Spydies.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Jambie View Post
    Bought my first one( a low-end for them) 10 years ago, lost it last month. Replaced it with 2 Barrages, 1 Mini-Barrage, and a Mini-Griptilian Tanto after reading this site for awhile...somebody stop me!

Cheers,
    Tom
    I know what you mean.

We should make a support group, I've bought 4 knives this past month alone :)

My new bone collector axis folder.

And the well worn cold steel recon 1 that its replacing.

-BTO-
    -BTO-

Benchmade knives... and the Axis lock!

BM.jpg

Benchmade 525 Mini Presidio w/CPM-M4 steel
    Last edited by Aragorn77; April 5th, 2013 at 07:18 PM.

VIP Member
    Just picked up a Griptilian.

I'm really digging the Onslaught for my next purchase.

-BTO-
    -BTO-

I Also Love Benchmades

I feel your pain. I too love Benchmades. Unfortunately, I have a little bit of extra money in which I completely waste on literally buying every Benchmade I can get my hands on. The greatest Benchmade I own is the Benchmade 741 Onslaught Bob Lum Axis Lock Plain Edge Folding Knife. I actually have 4: Straight blade, Black serrated, the nice little brother version, and a first run collectible I just picked up on ebay). For the money, this is THE knife to buy. Amazon has it for uber cheap and free delivery. Do yourself a favor- If you love Big tactical folders, check out the Onslaught. I can't put them down.

Check out my blog www.GunOwnerBlog.com for everything related to Home and Personal Saftey done in a humorous way.

Picture of my collection

I've been collecting for about one year. Please...someone intervene...I acknowledge my problem and need help because I can't stop on my own. LOL Get most of my Benchmades from HERE the prices are the lowest on the net.

photo.jpg
    Please support my new blog www.gunownerblog.com for a review and look at all things Home and Self Defense. Thanks

I guess I better just consider myself lucky then. I had a Benchmade something or other model in my hand a few months ago making my mouth water and I had my buddy pull me away from the counter. Man that was close Don't need anymore knives. Already have a drawer full of ones that I haven't used in years.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Distinguished Member
    I only own one a Griptillian. I carried it for years and in the middle of a snow storm I lost it out by the hay stack. I looked all over no joy. Ordered a new one and paid $5.00 to have the ranch name put on it.
    Thaw came and I found the old one. Now I own two the new one put back in the box and my trusty work horse the old Griptillian. I love the lock you can do it all with one hand makes life a lot easier.
    ctr likes this.

Onslaught owners....

An onslaught will be my next purchase but I'm trying to decide between the full size and the smaller version. For the past couple years I have carried daily a cold steel recon 1 tanto which is a big knife and comparably sized with the big onslaught. For the people that own the onslaught, which size do you recommend over the other and why? Thanks!

-BTO-
    -BTO-

I have two and both are excellent knives...my Ruckus and my stryker mini..hard to beat a Benchmade..the Ruckus is one of the most attractive folding knives I own besides my Cold Steel Hamato...both were expensive though but are wicked sharp and quality...
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links