Defensive Carry banner

Help! I'm Addicted To Benchmade Knives...

14K views 45 replies 31 participants last post by  patrol 
#1 ·
Bought my first one( a low-end for them) 10 years ago, lost it last month. Replaced it with 2 Barrages, 1 Mini-Barrage, and a Mini-Griptilian Tanto after reading this site for awhile...somebody stop me!

Cheers,
Tom

#5 ·
I have a few Benchmades myself, most of them with numbered blades and LNIB. I share your despair, sensei2. ;)

I just blew most of my "wear and tear" money on a Spyderco Lum fixed blade and a Calypso sprint runs. Looks like I'll be finishing the winter with barely adequate tires. :eek:

Someone remind me, please. Was it the fool or the wise man who dies with his money?

Of all the absurd things I have ever written I like this one the most.

#10 ·
Not really in the same league with Bench Made but...
CRKT has some very nice production blades as does Kershaw.
Now Kershaw's Zero Tolerance knives are really top notch. I recently acquired a ZT 0350 in a trade with a fellow DC member and have to say that it is right up there with Bench Made.

#9 ·
At last count I have 9 Bench Made folders and 2 of their fixed blades. I suppose hat puts me in the addict field.

kmagnuss said:
"so what makes them worth 4 or 5 SOG knives?"
I have a SOG Flash 2 and love it. Compared to any of my Bench Made folders, it is lacking in the fit/finish, durability and overall design areas. My cheapest Bench Made is ten times the knife as the Flash 2.

Now, I would never shell out the cash for the real high priced Bench Made knives, but any of mine(all below$200.00) are well worth what I paid for them.

#15 ·
I have a few Benchmades and they are a great knife. Recently I have been obsessing over a Strider fixed blade. If you think Benchmades are high, look at Strider. I want one but I could buy two Benchmades for one Strider.

#19 ·
I have 7 Benchmade knives, if you include the "HK" knives. 4 of them are Griptilians (including the Doug Ritter), a full size Barrage, an HK Nitrous and HK Tumult.

If you're addicted to Benchmade, then whatever you do, do NOT buy any Spyderco's. I currently have 4 Spyderco's, and getting ready to buy my 5th. Tenacious, Manix 2, Endura Wave and Paramilitary 2. Going to be buying a Persian.

#21 ·
Benchmades are great and I love mine but I also agree with the comment about not trying Spyderco if you already have an addiction problem with Benchmade. I've been having an itching to pick up another knife but I need funds. A fixed blade Esee has been in my thoughts right along with a Spyderco Manix. I do want to pick up some more Benchmades though but everything comes in due-time. In the line of Benchmades, I'm wanting to try out another Griptilian (Sand color, black Tanto blade) and an Onslaught. These should fit in and be right at home with the Griptilian & Triage I already have. ;-)

#25 ·
Sorry Tom. It's too late. You've entered the no spin zone.

#26 ·
I love knives too, and am a big fan of Benchmade. And it's a big ouch when you loose two $100+ knives and have to replace them because they were a couple of your favorites. My EDC at work is the Benchmade 915 Triage and my EDC off duty is the Benchmade Rift & SOG Slim Jim XL. I also throw in the ESEE Izula II quite a bit as an EDC.

My most recent purchase is a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 in Digi Camo and Black DLC blade. It should be here tomorrow. I was supposed to be here today, but it got misrouted.

#27 ·
well lets see some pics of these overpriced blades

#29 ·
I carried a Benchmade folder ( still liner-locks at the time ) on an overseas security gig many years ago but forget the model/name. Lost the damn thing.

Almost had an Adamas walk home with me after a recent gun show. Love the style but wanted something just a bit smaller. Dude was going to sell it for $150 cash, major temptation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.