Totally ignorant on knives but I need to ID one.

This is a discussion on Totally ignorant on knives but I need to ID one. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was watching Guns and Ammo TV and they had a section on Sniper gear. The sniper was going over his sidearm Glock and pulled ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By wondering

Thread: Totally ignorant on knives but I need to ID one.

Totally ignorant on knives but I need to ID one.

I was watching Guns and Ammo TV and they had a section on Sniper gear. The sniper was going over his sidearm Glock and pulled a fixed blade knife with a loop handle to show how he would stab an attacker that was preventing him from pulling his sidearm.

The usage was: Bad guy grabs for his gun (or gets close enough that the sniper could not draw his sidearm), sniper puts a finger in the knife loop wiht his offhand, pulls it and stabs the Bad guy then pulls back draws his sidearm and fires. Meanwhile the knife dangles from his finger out of the way during hte entire draw and fire process.

Anyone know what type of knife this is (what its called)?

Sorry for the noob question.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

Where is LimaTunes?! She probably carries it. It is probably a version of the Kabar TDI. I know a function it is touted for is slashing as one attempts to grab your firearm. A few of my LEO friends use em.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Administrator
    If that is (by chance) the knife then be aware of the fact that it would be considered to be an evil DAGGER in some states. You may or may not be able to legally carry it as is.
    What "makes" it a Dagger is the two sharp edges.
    So if you do a bit of careful grinding to flatten one edge in order to make one edge NOT a cutting edge...you should be OK.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

DontTreadOnI-

That's the ticket thanks! Is there a generic name for that style of blade?

Funny, I recently put a ring (re: Karambit technique) on my Ka Bar TDI for exactly that scenario. Little did I know I was building "sniper gear".
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

He must not be a very good sniper if he has to use his dagger...
    QKShooter and DontTreadOnI like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    That's cool! Evil, or course but oh so cool!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Links