Surefire good for guarantee

This is a discussion on Surefire good for guarantee within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My E1e has of late been a bit flakey with the switch - it is I imagine the older style, pressure on button or turn ...

Thread: Surefire good for guarantee

Assistant Administrator

Surefire good for guarantee

My E1e has of late been a bit flakey with the switch - it is I imagine the older style, pressure on button or turn until tight for full on. I have had it maybe three years and bought the LED head - excellent unit for size.

Was getting concerned tho as it was maybe needed two to three attempts before it lit up - and it must come on 100% every time for max usefulness for me.

Called Surefire and spoke to a guy maybe three days ago, who having checked on availablility said he'd send a replacement. It came UPS today and is the later version click on/click off - but also serving as on with just light pressure. Great!

Good to have things back to 100% and kudos to Surefire.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Good to hear they took care of you. I have an E2D with a "click-on/off" tail-cap and actually prefer that to the styles where you have to twist the cap for constant on (like my 6P).
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

New Member Array theprepared_com's Avatar
    I have nothing but good things to say about Surefire. I am a customer of theirs for life. Check out what happened to my E2E!
    http://theprepared.com/index.php?opt...d=66&Itemid=40

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    Good to hear they took care of you. I have an E2D with a "click-on/off" tail-cap and actually prefer that to the styles where you have to twist the cap for constant on (like my 6P).
    Surefire sells two styles of "click-on/off" accessory tail-caps for the 6P light, part numbers Z49 and Z59. I use the Z49 on my 6P.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I have only 6 Surefire lights at the present. I know there are other "tactical" lights out there, but I am sold on Surefires.

Recently I went up into my father-in-laws attic with him to work on his satellite/cable tv wiring. Had my Surefire Z3 with the high output bulb with me. As I pulled it out to go up the ladder he said "you're gonna need more light than that thing." I said "ok whatever", and he got his 6v lantern type light out (as I'm laughing to myself). Needless to say, he no longer has disparaging things to say about my "little light". HA!

I am glad to hear that Surefire stands behind their products. I had been planning on getting a compact flashlight that would serve as a self-defense tool and companion to my daily carry weapon. After reading several online reviews and the many threads that discussed the importance of self-defense lights and the relative merits of different brands, I finally decided on a Surefire model. Although there are many dealers for them, I decided to place my order directly with Surefire. After several days of not hearing from them regarding shipment, I sent an e-mail requesting status of my order. Their reply stated that the model I ordered was on backorder and that it could be several weeks before any were available. It's not a big deal because I'm not in any real hurry for the light, but it sure would be nice if their order process included info regarding whether an item was "in stock" or on backorder.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Surefire has EXCELLENT customer service.

As for the difference in switches. After three years of use, it was probably dirty if you hadn't cleaned it with alchohol or something. The 'press for momentary on/twist for constant on' switches are by far more reliable that a traditional clicky swith(press for momentary on, press till it clicks for constant on) Middle ground would be a reverse clicky (press still it clicks for it to come one, while on press slightly for momentary off) but they have limited usage if you want momentary on. (I like momentary on)

Still, Surefire makes some of the most reliable flashlight(minus a few problem light) of the entire industry.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Assistant Administrator
    clipse - I had in fact already tried an alcohol flush-out, and this did not cure it. It had gotten to point where on first press it would come on 50% of time, following which some energetic repeats did the trick.

As the thing must fire up every first press is why I finally went to them for a solution.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    clipse - I had in fact already tried an alcohol flush-out, and this did not cure it. It had gotten to point where on first press it would come on 50% of time, following which some energetic repeats did the trick.

As the thing must fire up every first press is why I finally went to them for a solution.
    Thats interesting. I would love to know what did cause the problem.

I'm the same way. When I want light, I want light NOW!!! Its an absolute must. I have lights that have an automatic button lockout where you have to click multiple times to get it to come on, I have all those lights setup so that is shut off though.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I'm strictly a Surefire user and have gotten my friends hooked on them. I haven't had any problems with my Surefires so far but I'm glad to hear I'll be taken care of if I do.

I have 4 Surefires and they are great. 100 % reliable.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Links