wilson combat knifes

wilson combat knifes

This is a discussion on wilson combat knifes within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a friend trying to sell me a wilson combat starfighter knife. I know there is/ was only 10 made. Is it really worth ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NMB

Thread: wilson combat knifes

wilson combat knifes

I have a friend trying to sell me a wilson combat starfighter knife. I know there is/ was only 10 made. Is it really worth 1k? I love the knife but i dunno... kinda kicking the can hoping for more info

...I have often paid more than an item was worth...if I wanted it...that's a lot more than full retail...many of comparable durability and strength at much less money...that's why we have Rolls Royces...and Chevys...you might double your money with a collector in a few years...I'd buy another brand and spend the difference on a coupla more Ruger Ps...let us know what you decide...it sure is a striking piece!!!

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/StarFigh...BTSTARFIGHTER/

I wish I could get it for less money, I think I would give 650 for it but 1000 is steep even for me!

NMB
    650 dollars for a knife? 1000!???

You guys are on crack.
    ATXFather likes this.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Sounds like you need to do your research before plumping down a grand for a knife. You should find out what its really worth from a credible source, there must be a reference manual that will have an accurate value listed. Maybe one of the guys on here can give you some guidance on where to look. Also, if you're going to buy it for the intention of acquiring it as a collector's item, buy it because you really like it and not on the chance you might make some money on it later on. That's a pretty good rule of collecting to adhere to, etc. Buy it because you like it and if it never gains in value, you still have a nice piece you enjoy. If you buy in the hopes that its going to be worth more in the future, you might find yourself disappointed.

For a rube like me, a grand is a lot of money for a knife. I'd like to have a Strider but I can't bring myself to lay down $400-$500 for a knife. Maybe someday, I'll be there but I'm not there today.

RKM
    Tip down? Already not worth it for me :)

im not worried what it will be worth, I was talking more about the quality of the knife if i use it will it hold up and is it a good blade. I have my benchmade gold special edition knife with m390 steel thats my everyday carry knife

Links