DO you EDC a Knife? - Page 8

DO you EDC a Knife?

This is a discussion on DO you EDC a Knife? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a Cold Steel Kubon. It is a "smaller" tanto point fixed blade. It comes with a secure x sheath. It's about 8 inches ...

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: DO you EDC a Knife?

DO you EDC a Knife?

I carry a Cold Steel Kubon. It is a "smaller" tanto point fixed blade. It comes with a secure x sheath. It's about 8 inches or so long.

DO you EDC a Knife?

I carry a Kershaw Tanto Blur. I have been carrying this one of a few months now and have been very impressed with this knife. Seems to be a great value if you can find it on sale.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Always...a Kershaw Leek...one of 4 that have...
    I was looking at pics and video of that knife. Question for you. If you had to use it
    to thrust, would your fingers slide onto the blade?

BTW, I sort of like "Knife Fighting" by Michael Janich.

Also, a long time ago Lima posted about carrying a TDI in her waist band beneath the navel.

Remembering that, yesterday while fooling around in the gym I was put in a bear hug from the
    rear. To joke around, and make a point, I didn't follow the script for breaking that hold.
    I pulled my "make believe" TDI from my waistband
    and slit my attacker's thigh, "ripping his femoral open" (well just showed the attacker what could
    happen if the victim wasn't into Krav but was into knives)--- A nice fun day at the gym.

I don't carry a knife, but if I did I'd do what Lima suggested, and also carry a second either on
    my ankle or weak side belt.

I liked what I saw about the speed with which that Kershaw opens, but at least from the pics
    I'd be concerned about my fingers. Since you use it, you can tell me if my concern is real or not.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I've only just recently got the knife bug but like everything else I get into, I jumped in with both feet. In the last couple weeks I've gotten a Sog Flash I, Spyderco Tenacious, Ontario Rat 1, Kershaw Scallion, a CRKT Drifter and a couple of fixed blade knives. The Flash is a little too small and feels like a toy but the rest of them are excellent knives for the money. The Rat is the biggest but strangely enough, it is the most comfortable to carry. It just seems to disappear in my pocket, even when I'm sitting.

Recently i purchased Microtech Socom Elite. i have been carrying it for over 3 weeks. its the most durable knife i have ever owned. if you guys ever have $270 to spend and you want a quality American made knife microtech socom elite wont disappoint you.

Why, of course I do!

Currently a Kershaw Leek in DLC.
    Hoping to add a nice Zero Tolerance in the near future.

Senior Moderator
    Yes a Gerber paraframe II, Swiss Army knife (never know when you might need a corkscrew or bottle opener) and a Kabar TDI
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I carry a Gerber Icon and a 17 year old Schrade pocket knife. Both are locking folder single blades.
    The Icon is for SD. 4 1/2" blade, tanto, one third serrated, in weak side back pocket.
    Schrade has a 2 1/2" blade, also one third serrated. It`s in the front right pocket. I feel naked without it.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Always. Forgetting my knife is like forgetting my wallet. Or my keys. Or my phone. Or my lcp. Fell in love with my CRKT folding tanto and carry it exclusively.

Always have, always do, always will.

Usually one type of a CRKT M16 series.

I had the pleasure of knowing the original designer, SGM Carson when I was stationed at Ft. Knox in the Army.

Last edited by JWS3745; February 21st, 2013 at 11:35 PM. Reason: info added
    Easy8 likes this.
    J.W. S. 3
    1SG, U.S. Army (Retired)

Many, many, too darned many firearms and related accessories.

VIP Member
    I have an EDC knife but it's purely a pocket/utility knife: an inexpensive Gerber. It's nothing like the big boys mentioned/pictured throughout this thread.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

EDC is usually a Kershaw Packrat-serrated (ugly but one of the best I've ever used).
    Serrated Rainbow Leek for dressier occasions.
    Numerous others may be employed for more specific tasks... but yes, ALWAYS carry one of these tools.
    Respectfully,
    Automatic

Re: DO you EDC a Knife?

Benchmade Griptillian Tanto and a small Swiss Clasic

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I have been carrying a knife everyday for as long as I can remember.....since I was a kid. Always carry....always will.

Currently carrying Spyderco Delica with the wave feature. Love this knife. If I am in dress slacks I carry a small, lightweight Gerber.

If I cannot carry my knife I feel like something is missing. Like leaving my wallet or cell phone at home.

I'm like others on here...if I forget my knife I feel naked without it any more! I've got more SOG's than anything else, I think the price is good for the quality, and I like the weight. As I've gotten older, my hands aren't quite as limber as they used to be, so I've grown to enjoy the automatic knives that are so easy to open/close. My latest is the new SOG drop point auto with the 3.5" blade. It rides deep in the pocket with it's clip, is light, and there's very little blade wobble at full lock without it being so tight it won't open properly. I have a hard time understanding why these knives are supposedly for LEO's/military use only when a lot of the good spring assisted knives open just as fast.

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links