Taser x26c

Taser x26c

This is a discussion on Taser x26c within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I decided to use this product for backup.The question is how to carry and I believe my best option is a small Kiplinger waist bag ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taser x26c

Taser x26c

I decided to use this product for backup.The question is how to carry and I believe my best option is a small Kiplinger waist bag that will hold the taser and a speedloader for my S&W 640

Administrator
    I don't know of any of our non LEO members that carry a Taser. Maybe some do. I guess we'll soon find out.
    I'm not sure that I understand the logic of carrying a Non Lethal Taser as a back-up to a primary Lethal weapon.
    Due to the size of the civilian X26C I think that some sort of a waist pack would be your only option.

Thanks for the response Quick.My thinking is that if say in a road rage situation the BG unarmed begins to throw punches the Taser will help subdue him since deadly force is not warranted.Besides,I purchased the Taser Before deciding on getting a license to carry concealed

Administrator
    Be ready to get basted in court if you use it, LEO's have to be certified with it... I dont know if you do too.

VIP Member
    From what I understand, Florida does allow civilians to carry Tasers, but I don't know about mandatory certification.

The Taser is a "less lethal" weapon, but not a non-lethal one. There was a lot of hubub recently about people dying after being zapped - in most of the cases, if I recall correctly, the deceased were on drugs or had heart problems. So you just may be administering deadly force even though that's not what you were intending.

My ASP is also a less-lethal weapon, but I can only legally use it in the same scenarios where I would use a gun. It was more of an "alternative" weapon instead of a backup, so that might be what you were meaning? I can understanding wanting an alternative weapon, especially if our backstop is something we don't want to risk hitting with bullets.

I don't own/carry a Taser, so I can't help much with carry options. A quick search did dig up some belt holsters, though.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Florida does not require any type of certification to be able to use a taser weapon,now Betty raises an important issue as to the potential for liability IF the BG dies after being zapped.Now there is no way to actually prevent a BG or their family from suing someone who uses a Taser in self defense.But the Defendant in such a suit would have an excellent defense IF they were justified in using the weapon based upon the facts confirming that they were in fact attacked,say punching grabbing etc.There is at the moment no legal finding that the Taser was in point of Law responsible for the death of someone being zapped.

The Taser is an excellent weapon if you are facing a sole perpetrator,who reasonable people would agree intends you physical harm as contrasted with intending you death or serious bodily injury. Heck the Taser coporation might even be willing to contribute to someones cost of defense considering how aggressively they are marketing their product in my area lol.
    Last edited by Auta; October 25th, 2006 at 02:13 PM.

Administrator
    Sorry for the Less Than Lethal ~ Non Lethal - incorrect interchange. My Fault.

Ok so that's what mixed me up in your post.

You want to use your Taser as a first Less Than Lethal option and your & S&W 640 as your More Lethal alternative Back Up...should your Taser fail to stop the deadly threat.

I'm sure a lot of forum members will have lots to say about that.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    The Taser is an excellent weapon if you are facing a sole perpetrator,who reasonable people would agree intends you physical harm as contrasted with intending you death or serious bodily injury.
    A man is actively beating on you, how do you know what his intentions are to determine what level of defense you want to use, and where do you draw the line on where "physical harm" turns into "serious bodily injury or death?"
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Excellent point Betty. I suppose the benefit of having a Taser is if you get to zap him before the actual beating begins or goes too far.For example,suppose you have a minor car accident and the other person besides screaming at you grabs you with his bare hands.If you are able to Taser him it is justified,whereas using a firearm would not be.

In answer to QKShooter,of all the times people have been zapped with a Taser there are only I believe a handful who have died for whatever reasons.The Law in Florida does not regard the use of the Taser device to be administering deadly force.So if someone has Reason To Believe that they are ABout to receive a Physical Beating then the Taser is legally justified.Sort of like using a pepper spray but more effective.

Administrator
    be prepared for these questions- If you had a TASER available, why did you shoot Mr. Ragman with a firearm? Was it necessary to kill him when you had "better" options available? Why did you not exhaust those options first?

One advantage that I see is, a taser is not considered a firearm, so you can still carry it concealed in places that you cannot carry your gun. The taser is a better defense than a knife. Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle1911 View Post
    One advantage that I see is, a taser is not considered a firearm, so you can still carry it concealed in places that you cannot carry your gun. The taser is a better defense than a knife. Just a thought
    That's not really a valid argument because you're comparing a "less-lethal" tool to a lethal tool...
    I also disagree with the statement that a Tazer is a better weapon than a knife but I don't want to hijack the thread any further.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

As a lawyer I hesitated when thinking of carrying a taser and revolver,because of what Sixto wrote.The answer is if a BG has something in his hand such as a brick,tire iron etc that could kill or seriously injure then the taser stays concealed and the revolver is used. I am entitled to use deadly force in Florida if I was dealing with a person who can kill or seriously injure me.Honestly I would only use the taser if the person is bare handed or held something that could not kill or seriously injure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links