Women, where do you keep your edc knife?

This is a discussion on Women, where do you keep your edc knife? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my gf a nice benchmade dozier (something like that, you know the pink one for breast cancer) for her to use as an ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Women, where do you keep your edc knife?

I got my gf a nice benchmade dozier (something like that, you know the pink one for breast cancer) for her to use as an edc. However she doesn't carry it because she claims its to uncomfortable iwb and her pockets are too small.

Any women on this forum have similar issues and how did you overcome them?

My sister carries hers in her purse, but it's not great for quick access...
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Yeah I was hoping to relay a quicker method. I get the feeling there isn't one.

Buy pants with bigger pockets?

/thread

Yeah my wife's is in the kitchen drawer...so much for that idea! She does carry her Glock 26 though. I bet I could get her to put the knife in an empty spot on the belly band.

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    However she doesn't carry it because she claims its to uncomfortable iwb and her pockets are to small.
    IMO, any small folder that's carried IWB (assuming handing on a belt) can easily be carried OWB if you've got one of those little carrier thingies (like folks use with phones/pagers). A decently designed one can be comfortable and fairly discreet, holding the knife horizontally along the line of the belt. Might be something to hunt around for. Nice alternative, for some. Keeps it on your person, instead of in a purse/elsewhere.

Horiz. carry: example 1, example 2.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Yeah I was hoping to relay a quicker method. I get the feeling there isn't one.
    The problem with most women is they aren't willing to sacrifice comfort or fashion.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Lol exactly can't get them to sacrifice comfort or fashion and that would work if I could get her to wear a belt lol. If the knife wasn't pink I'd take it myself.

My wife carries a smaller Spyderco in the pants she has with small pockets. I forget the name of it but it's just a smaller version of the Endura design. Nomally she carries a Bud Nealy Pesh Kabz, or a Kershaw assisted opener with the inlaid blade that satisfies her need for fancy. (She's a cervical cancer survivor and doesn't do the "pink" thing). She has also been known to use one of my Ken Onion automatics. They're pretty flat and light. For a fixed blade she has fallen in love with the TDI, she broke her elbow a fewmonths ago and that design really works for her now while she heals. She also uses a few different Mantis knives if she feels like changing. There's a Privateer discretely attached to the shoulder strap of her everyday backpack/purse. The attachment is hidden by a little LED light from Countycomm and nobody has ever noticed the knife, even when commenting on the cool light.

I guess shes in the minority. She is comitted to protecting herself and the kids and is willing to work around things to do it.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

VIP Member
    I carry a Spyderco Manix II IWB around the 4 o'clock position. It's tip-up carry, so that's a good location for it. My tip-down knives were carried IWB appendix carry, but I haven't done that in a while since I switched to carrying my gun appendix carry.

We're all shaped different, so what works for me might not work for her. Maybe a smaller folder would work better?
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Made a mistake. It'a. Mel Pardue not a Ken Onion. Little, flat, and light automatic by Benchmade, and they also make a non auto with plastic handles that is even lighter and flatter.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Thanks everyone. We'll explore the options and different knives stated here.

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    My wife carries a smaller Spyderco in the pants she has with small pockets. I forget the name of it but it's just a smaller version of the Endura design.
    The Spyderco Delica.
    C11F_M.jpg

Also available with the Emerson Wave.
    C11GYW_M.jpg

My wife carries the Spyderco Small Persian. It's a small blade that fits in women's tiny, tiny pockets.
    C105G2_M.jpg
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Kershaw Chill

Check out he Kershaw Chill....its lightweight and thin..fits small pockets... My wife carries it clipped in her front pocket.....she has even learned the wrist flick to deploy it quickly....

Quote Originally Posted by OJDerrick View Post
    Buy pants with bigger pockets?

/thread
    Hah! No. *lol*
    Lol exactly can't get them to sacrifice comfort or fashion* and that would work if I could get her to wear a belt lol. If the knife wasn't pink I'd take it myself.
    IMO, there's no need to sacrifice comfort for fashion. You just have to get a little creative. Does she wear boots at all? I sometimes wear knee high heeled (or flat) boots and can clip a knife to the inside. Or have it sheathed in something stiff enough to lay just within the inside of the boot. (Great for fuzzy boots where having something clipped to the edge would ruin the fur)

-- and do NOT roll your eyes at me... I saw you. Yes you. (Okay, that was my husband actually who DID just roll his eyes at me, but I'm sure someone else did too).... but I digress...

My fave knife to carry is this ingenius little "hideaway knife". HideAwayKnife

Look at all the options? You literally have no excuse to not carry then. It's also short enough that it can ride next to the button on my jeans (even low cut jeans) and not dig into places we don't want things digging.

And just incase your wife needs 1 more option, I found that with the double J belt clip, if I put the clip on backwards so that it was basically worn for IWB carry, it laid again my body much better.

Woo! That was fun!

*Disclaimer: there's no need to sacrifice comfort for fashion up to a certain point.
    031131 and Hopyard like this.
    "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way." - V. Frankl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links