What Is Your favorite Leatherman Knife? - Or Which One would choose?

This is a discussion on What Is Your favorite Leatherman Knife? - Or Which One would choose? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the Wave. I've had it for 3 years now. I carry it in my edc bag. Not on my body. On my body ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: What Is Your favorite Leatherman Knife? - Or Which One would choose?

I have the Wave. I've had it for 3 years now. I carry it in my edc bag. Not on my body. On my body I carry a Swiss Army knife. Cant remember the model. I use them both pretty regularly. I like this particular combo a lot. It gives me a lot of flexibility as far as size of tool and how much power I need to use.
    QKShooter likes this.
    Question Everything!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I've been pocket carrying a Leatherman for 15ish years? I started out with the first one, carried it a number of years, and decided to get a new one. My new one is a KICK, I don't know what the first one was, it's here at the house somewhere?

I'm a farmer and I probably use it everyday, it saves me a lot of steps. For my needs, I don't care for the one's that are full of gadgets and are bulky. I sure don't need a wine-opener, though for camping or other endeavors, I can see the need for one with more stuff.

My KICK is only about a half inch thick. It has a needle-nose pliers/wire cutter, knife, one phillip and two flats, and a bottle opener which I've never used (most stuff is twist top anyway).
    QKShooter likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I've been using leatherman products for over 20 yrs. I now have a wave and it goes everywhere with me. They are very handy when you have to MacGyver something. I dont have one in my BOB bag but probably should. I've broken off the needle nose on one pair using it for a pry bar ... stupid but accomplished the objective. I like their products, for me, they are worth having.
    QKShooter likes this.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

What Is Your favorite Leatherman Knife? - Or Which One would choose?

Skeletool CX for daily carry. Light weight and has everything I've ever needed
    Bark'n and QKShooter like this.

Administrator
    OK. I got tired of looking at various models. I just bought the CHARGE w/ the Titanium handles for $119.00 and Free Shipping.

Hopefully that price is a halfway decent price but, my time is more valuable to me than possibly saving a few bucks.

I've had the Leatherman New Wave for about three years and its always with me. If I could do it again I would still choose the New Wave. It's sturdy, keeps an edge, and is always ready for when I need a tool.
    QKShooter likes this.

I love my skeletool and most people don't think twice about it when I carry it to work or about anywhere I go
    QKShooter likes this.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Distinguished Member
    Wow, I feel so outgunned. I carry the Leatherman Micratool. Tiny thing, but it does a lot. I'm going to have check out some of the others mentioned here.
    QKShooter likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

I have a original Leatherman I carry on my motorcycle and a Wav in my Bob :) can't beat a multi-tool . I even have knock offs in other parts of my home and car just in case . :) watched too much Macgyver years ago ....lol
    QKShooter likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links