Mora Robust

Mora Robust

This is a discussion on Mora Robust within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got one of these for the car 'Get Home Bag' mora2.jpeg It replaces a 25 year old Kershaw folder I kept in the trunk. ...

Thread: Mora Robust

Mora Robust

Just got one of these for the car 'Get Home Bag'

mora2.jpeg

It replaces a 25 year old Kershaw folder I kept in the trunk. This is the newer Mora that is a bit thicker and more, well robust, than the earlier models. For $16 from Amazon, it was a great deal. Other Moras start at about $12. The bushcraft community loves these and all the knife forums seem to regard them as the best bargin knife in the world. Out of the box it was not as sharp as my Spydercos or Kershaws, but a few swipes on the Spyderco Sharpmaker resulted in a blade that was shaving sharp.
    Attached Images

I got a black/olive Swedish Mil. Mora for about 15 bucks from Amazon recently and it really is a nice knife for the money. It is definitely no-frills, being constructed from inexpensive materials, but it seems really solid and it came very sharp. I think the only criticism I have of it is that the spine of the knife is unfinished. I knew that before I bought it though. The whole idea behind these knives is that you can use them hard and they will serve you well. The best part is that they're so cheap, you wont be afraid to use it, abuse it or lose it. I would've paid an extra buck to have the spine of it finished though.

Actually I was just looking at Amazon and it looks like the Mora Companion which is slightly larger and a couple dollars more and it has the spine finished. When I go to buy another one of these knives - and I know I will - that's the one I will probably grab.

Links