Spyderco Police G-10

This is a discussion on Spyderco Police G-10 within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you have it how do you like it, and would it be a good EDC knife for pocket carry? Also pictures of your knife ...

Thread: Spyderco Police G-10

Spyderco Police G-10

If you have it how do you like it, and would it be a good EDC knife for pocket carry?

Also pictures of your knife and how it wears would be great too.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

2. Remove Ads

While I don't have the Police model with G-10 scales, I do have a Paramilitary 2 with Digi-Camo G-10 scales. Right now, it's my favorite EDC blade. I also like the S30V steel used in the Paramilitary 2.

I like the G-10 material as knife scales and gun grips. I have at least 4 or 5 knives with G-10 scales. Most are Benchmades.

G-10 is a durable material that is resistant to a lot of chemicals and provides a good grip texture when hands are wet and slippery. It also does a good job with grip when your hands are wet with slippery goo like blood. Things are much more slippery when your hands are covered with blood than they are with just water and sweat and G-10 provides a good grip with bloody hands.

The texture of the G-10 can vary a great deal from totally smooth to totally ragged depending on how it's finished during manufacturing. Emerson knives are known for having a very aggressive texture which has a tendency to shred your clothing in fairly short order. Benchmade G-10 are noticibly less aggressive than the G-10 Emerson uses.

The G-10 Spyderco uses is a smoother texture in my opinion. Very grippy when wet, but definitely smooth enough that it won't shred your pockets when carried. It has a very nice feel to it.

I hope this helps.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I have an Older Spyderco Police all stainless and I have always loved it plus it has sentimental value as it was my first knife as a cop. Now it has some play and it's funny they make it now with the G10 handles because I actually put non-skid deck tape like skateboard tape but better on the frame because the stainless gets slick as heck. I think the two improvements that Syderco did to their Police models were the G10 and more importantly the lock is made so you can't accidently close the blade with a strong grip like mine. They made the lockback more of a up and down hole detent versus the semi-circle I have ..Having said that I took care of the Problem and just bought a Syderco Military model with the combo edge. It is a liner lock not a lock back. Knife Works has the best price I have seen. Check em out.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I dearly love Spydercos. Do not have the G-10 Police, as I prefer the waved Delica or Endura for carry.

Spydercos are so light for their size. I used to think they were funny looking, but they've become hands-down my favorite knife company. I love Benchmade and Kershaw/ZT as well, but Spydercos just seem so much lighter and thinner for the size.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    I dearly love Spydercos. Do not have the G-10 Police, as I prefer the waved Delica or Endura for carry.

Spydercos are so light for their size. I used to think they were funny looking, but they've become hands-down my favorite knife company. I love Benchmade and Kershaw/ZT as well, but Spydercos just seem so much lighter and thinner for the size.
    You know what..I agree with you and for all the blades I have I end up going back to My Spyderco's especially the one's with the plastic light thin handles like my Endura. They are so awesome because they are sharp as heck, thin, light feel good in the hand. And they have many affordable models with the VG10 steel or SV30 steel which both keep a good edge and are easy to put one back on should they dull. I have never had a Spyderco get dull by the way. Another excellent value knife is the Cold Steel Voyager models. They are also thin, light and the one's made in Japan have excellent steel and keep a good edge as well. The two companies produce serrated edges that cut like a high speed chain saw.

here are some pictures of some spyderco's along with others I own.:

knives.jpg

Love Spyderco's!

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade906 View Post
    If you have it how do you like it, and would it be a good EDC knife for pocket carry?

Also pictures of your knife and how it wears would be great too.
    I carry the plastic handled Endura more than any of them though. Here is a picture of one I picked up today in a trade along with that beast of a knife the Tops CQC 747 Folder. The Spyderco in this picture is the discontinued model the "ATR"...

tops and spyderco.jpg

Links