My personal carry knife

This is a discussion on My personal carry knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For the unitiated, probably the two best combat knife makers are Stryder and Emerson. My carry knife of choice is the Emerson Combat Karambit. Small, ...

Thread: My personal carry knife

My personal carry knife

For the unitiated, probably the two best combat knife makers are Stryder and Emerson.

My carry knife of choice is the Emerson Combat Karambit. Small, legal, optional holding methods and highly effective.

Add working photos ~ QKShooter

2. Remove Ads

I agree. I carry an Emerson CQC-8 both on and off duty. Their CS is top notch and they're built like tanks.

Pic no worky

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    Pic no worky
    It was strange. I copied the link and used it and it worked. So I deleted his image and replaced it. The link is identical to the one that was there, but it works now. I don't understand it.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Administrator
    dr_cmg...I've seen those types of photos before. I couldn't see it either. Unless you do a "copy & paste" of the photo URL and actually go to the web location of the pic...it shows as a dead link box. Once the image is stored in your computer you can view it.
    I just switched out his original dead photo with some others that I uploaded to our gallery.
    That should work.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

[QUOTE=sacred;225393]For the unitiated, probably the two best combat knife makers are Stryder and Emerson.

My carry knife of choice is the Emerson Combat Karambit. Small, legal, optional holding methods and highly effective.

Well, don't mean to be a troll but that's a pretty broad statement. I'm pretty initiated as a former full time custom maker and spent years practicing with blades in the martial arts and with "street level" types. Those are good blades but all folders are a compromise. The knife world is very prone to fads and the "best" is always the latest rage. Yet when I built blades for the "shadow" crowd who might live or die by one they looked a bit different.

"Best" is going to depend on your deployment style and how you train. "Best" will change from combat user or street user. "Best" will even depend on environment like marine, extreme cold, extreme heat, etc.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I have carried my CQC-7B daily for the last few years and the only knife I would consider replacing it with would be another Emerson, like maybe a CQC-7B Mini...

Senior Moderator
    I'm sorry Guys I can't spend a great deal on a knife. In my thinking if I get in a knife fight then I messed up

I Have a Kershaw...

but at my age...I think I will ALWAYS take a gun to a knife fight!

OMO...your opinion may vary...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsor
    In a kermabit folder, I like the Tarani designed/bladxetech made products.

I'm not fond of most linerlock folders to begin with as that type of lock wears fairly rapidly with use, and can become unreliable when it's least expected if the spine of the blade is put under pressure or the blade is torqued in some way under hard use.

The Tarani/Bladetechs products are lockbacks, the lock being quite a bit stronger.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    but at my age...I think I will ALWAYS take a gun to a knife fight!

OMO...your opinion may vary...

ret
    I consider my Emerson as more of a "handgun retention tool" than a weapon...

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    My knives are tools first , i want a good edge holding steel and one hand deployment , but i really dont select them for the combat stars lol .. I carry and use large folders every day .. and the ability to cut cardboard , binder twine , ect. and then be used as a light duty pry bar is much more what i look for than its ability in a fight , just my opinion ymmv lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Links