Emerson LaGriffe

This is a discussion on Emerson LaGriffe within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a used LaGriffe. I have the included sheath, which is more of a "cover" or for use as a neck knife (which ...

Thread: Emerson LaGriffe

Emerson LaGriffe

I just bought a used LaGriffe. I have the included sheath, which is more of a "cover" or for use as a neck knife (which I don't). It is a neat little knife, and will fill my needs exactly barring a HAK falling out of the sky. Do you have a favorite "user's guide" for this thing? How about a favorite sheath? I'm going to sell the Emerson CQC, I think, never could convince myself to practice enough to bring it to open at close quarters fast enough, and I HATE the clip sticking out of the pocket. I'm not out to be a martial artist, just looking for simple and practical ideas. Thanks.
    Last edited by sheepdog; November 5th, 2006 at 10:22 AM. Reason: clarity
    What Would Gumby Do?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Greeting bro. I have carried a LaGriffe on the back of my neck badge for several years and its a neat knife. The intended purpose of the knife when it was designed back during WWII was for female resistance fighters to be able to bring it into play for personal defense. The knife was specifically designed to be small enough to conceal and long enough to cut the juglar veins and axillary/femoral arteries for quick bleed outs. If used there its very effective, but makes it limited. I am planning on replacing it with a HAK soon as I feel the blade will be a little more effective in different situations.

Have fun.

Stephen
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I carried one for several years as a neck knife. I found it handy for all kinds of little chores (never needed it in a defensive situation). My wife got to looking at it one day and decided it was hers.
    So, I bought a slightly larger Perrin neck knife from EDC. Since it's larger, it's somewhat more difficult to just hang around my neck, but I've been quite pleased with it.
    For their intended purpose, I think they're great.

"La Griffe" means, literally, "the claw", so.... punching, jabbing moves would work well. Also, per FP, use a collar-grab, and use the thumb to push the blade into the trachea, or push against your attacker, to get the major vessels in the neck. Fred is a member on totalprotectioninteractive.com If you log in over there, you can PM him.

Links