Certian knife i am looking for

This is a discussion on Certian knife i am looking for within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i am trying to find a cheap pocket knife with spring assist like magic that the m&p uses and window breaker on end for cheap ...

Thread: Certian knife i am looking for

i am trying to find a cheap pocket knife with spring assist like magic that the m&p uses and window breaker on end for cheap post links of some you know of

A quick google search of either "firefighter knife" or "emt knife" will pull up quite a few knives that fit your description. However, I would not suggest them if you plan on putting any of these cheaper knives into a roll where you are depending on it to break a window.

During a training exercise we were trying out various ways to break the safety glass on a vehicle. Two of the cheaper knifes that advertise being able to break windows with the carbide tip on the handles were broken. The glass breaker on these knives is held in with a weak epoxy and they both popped out after a few strikes that did not crack the glass at all.

Some more expensive models are made by Spyderco and Benchmade (the rescue and triage respectively). I have not seen these be used, but I hear good things about them.

Me personally, I would either recommend the Res-Q-Me, or the window breaker hammer (not sure the product name, check amazon or google) I have seen dozens of Res-Q-Me pocket tools work flawlessly on automotive glass, and know several firefighter that keep some of the hammers handy. I keep a window hammer in my truck, and a knife on my person.

Oh yeah, SOG makes a more affordable model with a window breaker too. I think it is just called the rescue flash. I do not like their products though, just me.

Hope this helps, I did a pretty extensive amount of research on this topic a while back so I hope I passed some of it on.
    XDM 9 Compact, Klarux XT2C, Emerson Super CQC-8 (Heavy Carry)
    Ruger LCP, 4Sevens Preon 2, Spyderco Endura 4 (Light Carry)

VIP Member
    I don't have a specific knife to recommend, but I do have a dealer that I used recently that did an outstanding job - Bladehq.com. I bought a SOG SOG-TAC (I do like SOG knives, but again it is a personal preference) a while ago and had a problem with the shipping. Their response time and the quality of the customer service were outstanding. They also have the best prices I have found on a lot of models and their inventory is pretty solid. You can do some research on their site.

Hope you find a good knife!

I would seriously consider the BM triage. While it's not spring-assisted. It is a top shelf quality built knife with great quality materials and backed by a company that supports MADE IN USA.

I have the Triage 915BK-ORG and it opens just as fast any my assisted knives. Definitely check out my review on it - Blade Reviews 101: Benchmade 915 Triage
    Blade Reviews 101 - Knife, Tactical & Survival Gear Reviews
    The Knife Exchange - Buy, Sell, and Trade Knives
    Facebook - Instagram

...if your search is for cheap instead of knife...get a spring-loaded screw starter from Home Dippy or Lowes...for less than $10 (General is one brand) and you push the point on the glass...when it reaches a point of pressure, it snaps like a trigger breaking...the point breaks tempered glass...I put one in Mama's car with rubber hose taped to the handle for a grip...if she goes off in the water with all-electric locks she can easily break a window...

Sponsor
    Assisted Opening Police Knives Wholesale at CKB - Buy Wholesale Knives at Save

Real cheap. Real junk. But I don't know your intended end purpose. Most of the knives at this site are decent throw away beaters. Use 'em and lose 'em knives, ya know?
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

get yourself a cold steal zytel tri lite. its cheap, you can find one in the $40 range. Not only will you be able to break glass but you can break cinder blocks (the demo video is pretty cool) and the blade is razor sharp. opens with a simple one hand flick.

Administrator
    Res-Q-Me <~~~Great little lightweight product. Seat belt cutter and glass breaker combo. Buy one.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

You can go to alibaba.com an get a microtech knockoff for 35 to 45 dollars its otf an has a glass breaker on the back

Sponsored Links