UK Legal Carry Blade

This is a discussion on UK Legal Carry Blade within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So it looks like I'll be in Europe again in a few weeks. Last time I posted something similar, I was looking for a blade ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By alachner
  • 2 Post By Tiju

Thread: UK Legal Carry Blade

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar

UK Legal Carry Blade

So it looks like I'll be in Europe again in a few weeks. Last time I posted something similar, I was looking for a blade that's legal in Germany. Well, this time, I'll also be in England. I'm looking for some definitive information on the criteria of a blade that's legal to carry there from someone that knows. I know a Sypderco UK Penknife is legal, but I don't really like that one and am looking for some alternatives. Who knows the rules?

Thanks in advance.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Oh... wrong UK. Can't help.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    I carried the Spyderco UK last summer for three weeks in Scotland & England....It was the best I could find that still opened easily with one hand & enough knife to not feel totally disarmed across the pond......Actually bought two off of ebay before we left for a trip over there.....only one came home...TSA or UK security swiped one from my checked bag.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Here's a good site with a list by brand of all the UK legal knives: UK Legal Carry Knives --- Heinnie Haynes - Knives, Pocket Tools and Accessories
    Agave likes this.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I'm not sure all the knives linked in the last post are legal to carry? I'm not from the UK but sometimes a visitor. While there are some other European countries with extremely severe weapon laws, the UK is unfortunately one of the most uncomfortable countries concerning self-defence and carrying tools for self-defense at all, especially because of the Prevention of Crime Act 1953. Be careful with every object that policemen might find inappropriate at certain places, even a tiny Swiss army knife.

You should study this:
    https://www.gov.uk/find-out-if-i-can...-carry-a-knife
    Knife legislation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    bmcgilvray and Agave like this.

Links