SOG Trident in blister pack?

This is a discussion on SOG Trident in blister pack? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, i am looking to purchase my very first SOG knife, in particular SOG trident. So i searched on ebay, and this one fellow has ...

New Member Array rustyshackleford's Avatar

Hi, i am looking to purchase my very first SOG knife, in particular SOG trident. So i searched on ebay, and this one fellow has it for sale for a pretty decent price, but it is in a blister pack. Ive seen the SOG trident on other auctions in a box, but ive never come across it in a blister pack. Does SOG package their knives in a blister pack or a box?

thanks.

Administrator
    I know the trident is available in several finishes.
    All SOG knives I've ever seen were cardboard boxed but, it's sure possible.
    Does the seller have a good feedback rating?
    I would go by the seller feedback rating so you don't get a knock off knife.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

New Member Array rustyshackleford's Avatar
    here is the link:
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...045731012&rd=1

edit: just grabbed from another ebayer instead ;)
    Last edited by rustyshackleford; November 9th, 2006 at 06:02 AM.

The guy has a lot of feedback and 100% good i would guess it should be legit them

Dicks here in NY sells the SOG Trident in a blister pack that looks exactly like the one in your picture so, combined with the feedback, I think you are probably good to go.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    The NEX in Pensacola has them in a "blister" pack. -------

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    As a retired soldier, I wouldnt touch a SOG to save my life. They ruined thier reputation and have lost all respect for a company that they had. Its your call, but I personaly prefer to spend my money on products that do NOT discriminate against service members.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    As a retired soldier, I wouldnt touch a SOG to save my life. They ruined thier reputation and have lost all respect for a company that they had. Its your call, but I personaly prefer to spend my money on products that do NOT discriminate against service members.

Care to add some more info on that ?? i have not heard anything but would like to know

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Bud Id be happy to. We have previously discussed this issue here on the boards, but I will provide the link again. Short end of the story is that SOG fired one of their employees after his mobilization with the reserves. When investigated they were faced with federal charges and accepted a plea agreement. I personally have reached out to them for their side and received none. Others have questioned the management and though not required to remain silent have chosen to uphold their position of his termination due to missed work (caused by his being called up by the reserves). I have personally witnessed SOG knives being destroyed by my brothers prior to my retirement and since.

Stephen

(Note the following is a excerpt from the govexec online magazine dated Nov 11, 2005. The link is http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/1105/111105lb.htm and is the 2nd story (scroll down)

Cutting a Deal

The Justice Department has reached a settlement with a Lynnwood, Wash.-based knife and tool company accused of breaking a law intended to protect reservists' employment rights.

The complaint alleged that S.O.G. Specialty Knives Inc. violated the 1994 Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act by improperly discharging a Coast Guard reservist when he was called to active duty in January 2003. The complaint also claimed that S.O.G. failed to properly re-employ the reservist in a position of similar status and duties once he returned.

USERRA guards the reemployment rights of military service members or veterans when they return from active duty.

After completing an investigation, the Labor Department's Veterans' Employment and Training Service referred the Coast Guard reservist's complaint to the Justice Department.

The knife company, in a consent decree that must be approved by the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, agreed to compensate the plaintiff an unpublished sum.

"We have a duty to our men and women in the military to enforce vigorously their legal right to be free of employment discrimination on the basis of their military service," said Bradley Schlozman, acting assistant attorney general for the Justice Department's civil rights division. "We are very pleased to see a positive resolution in this case."

Schlozman said the knife company cooperated with the investigation and offered the settlement, but denied any wrongdoing.

S.O.G. Specialty Knives did not return calls requesting comment.

According to the Justice Department, this is the eighth USERRA complaint filed since the civil rights division received enforcement authority for such cases in September 2004.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Sounds like enough to me. I was actually thinking about a couple items that they make, but now I think I will be looking at other companies with comparable items.

Thank you Fed for the info.

Thanks Fed i don't read the knife forum often but this one i just happend to click on

As soon as I read SOG, I knew we would see this again. I bet they really are regretting their actions. I have noted a reduction of SOG knives on display at some of the Knife Stores I go to here in the Seattle area. SOG is based in this area.

Links