Cold Steel Swords

Cold Steel Swords

This is a discussion on Cold Steel Swords within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm a recent Walking Dead fan. I'm really liking the idea of a functional sword. I was looking at the Cold Steel hand a half. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Betty

Thread: Cold Steel Swords

Cold Steel Swords

I'm a recent Walking Dead fan. I'm really liking the idea of a functional sword.
    I was looking at the Cold Steel hand a half. Wow their demo movie is insane! It bends the goes back to shaoe , slashes clean through water jugs, cuts a hog in half and looks pretty!
    I'd get a katana but I've always been a medieval history fan.
    Would be a perfect match to my longbow!

Are these good? I don't know of any other functional sword makers.

I'm a gun fan, but I think a sword in the arsenal could have its uses. If nothing else a sharp wall hanger.

In God and Glock we Trust

I am a fan of cold steel knives.... I used a cold steel tanto to remove a helicopter window in survival training...after the ALSE kit knife broke, and thats why its in the kit to begin with.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I am a fan of cold steel knives.... I used a cold steel tanto to remove a helicopter window in survival training...after the ALSE kit knife broke, and thats why its in the kit to begin with.
    A friend carries a big tanto in his vehicle. It seems very well built.

In the movies they always lob off a head or a limb with a sword. I was like no way... Then I watched that Cold Steel YouTube movie! Holy, those things can shave paper and cut free hanging rope!

Administrator
    I had a Cold steel TRAIL MASTER that I bought years ago. My Brother has it now and still uses it.
    I also have a couple of their cheap machetes and I use them all the time.

You should be aware of the fact that there are fake Cold Steel knives floating around out there so buy from a reputable dealer or check out this link.

Cold Steel Knives

You should also know that Cold steel knives are no longer made in the U.S. but, the quality (amazingly) is still quite good.

I checked out one of their folders last Summer and it was still a very nice knife though not U.S.A.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Funny, when I was watching Walking Dead I was wondering what my pointy thing of choice of would be for lopping off heads. I've owned a lot of Cold Steel knives and still have some, and their quality has always been good. I've never owned one of their swords because I have no practical use for one and it would just be an expensive wall hanger. Maybe if you're still wanting something by Cold Steel but shorter and a good head-lopper, check out their kukri. It would be a bit more maneuverable in tight spaces if those zombies come get you in your house , and you could probably find more practical uses for it. If you want a longer one, Himalayan Imports makes them.
    QKShooter and joker1 like this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Yeah spending $265 on a sword isn't practical. Though their hand and a half daggers are $150. A dagger would be more practical. But on the other hand a larger Esee would make even more sense.

A sword would definitely have a coolness factor!

Sponsored Links