Article on Improvised Weapons

This is a discussion on Article on Improvised Weapons within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Improvised Weapons | Home Gun Training Sometime's improvisation is a must....

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By redsaber75
  • 1 Post By redsaber75
  • 2 Post By tdave
  • 1 Post By Snub44
  • 2 Post By Snub44
  • 1 Post By Hopyard

Thread: Article on Improvised Weapons

Article on Improvised Weapons

Improvised Weapons | Home Gun Training

Sometime's improvisation is a must.

2. Remove Ads

did anyone else notice he actually his the guys arm with the bottle (clink) lol.

My fire station is next door to a prison and I got to see some of their confiscated weapons. They include short swords, a cleaver/hatchet thing, firearms (inmates used to clean the gun range next door!) and all sorts of shanks, slashing weapons, and concealed knives. I've been meaning to take a pic of their display. And as a project I'm even making my own shank using only what I can find that an inmate would have access to.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    My fire station is next door to a prison and I got to see some of their confiscated weapons. They include short swords, a cleaver/hatchet thing, firearms (inmates used to clean the gun range next door!) and all sorts of shanks, slashing weapons, and concealed knives. I've been meaning to take a pic of their display. And as a project I'm even making my own shank using only what I can find that an inmate would have access to.
    Never underestimate the creativity that results from having nothing but time on your hands.

...even a rolled-up magazine can kill...us hoomins ain't really all that tough...

When I was in the Marines (about 40 years ago) we were taught both unarmed and improvised weapons techniques. The emphasis was you used bare hands if you had to. However any implement was preferable to that.
    Snub44 and msgt/ret like this.

...yes, we were...Semper Fi!!! that's where I learned that a man with a knife will best a man with a giant Qtip...and quickly, if he's smart and doesn't like pain!!!
    tdave likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by redsaber75 View Post
    Improvised Weapons | Home Gun Training

Sometime's improvisation is a must.
    One time I saw a movie where an assassin enters the office of his target with nothing and he uses the stuff on the desk to kill his target. He used a credit card to slash the guy's throat.

“Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.” Thomas Paine

...it was the 24% interest rate that got him!!!
    Hopyard and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    Last year I read Janich's "Knife Fighting, a Practical Course." I liked the way he integrated elements
    of Modern Arnis into his knife fighting lessons. In this video we see more of that same approach.
    If you study Arnis or Escrima you will be doing "tapi tapi" drills, one of which Janich showed in the video posted by the OP.
    What I really like is that the elements of the art are taken to a very practical level, instead of focusing on the art. It ends up
    somewhere between the fine art of Arnis and the combatives of Krav, with improvised weapons tossed in.

Its worth taking a look at the list of improvised weapons shown at the link, and thinking about how you might use them,
    or trying them out in a controlled situation with a practice bud. That's what I like to do. Try out improvised stuff
    with the goal of making space and time to use a handgun. It is always shocking when the distance closes.

The flip side, that frying pan is also defensive, and we need to be thinking about all the common things
    about us which may be used defensively too. In his knife fighting book the garbage can lid is grabbed as
    a shield. You might not have a garbage can lid handy but a chair, a framed picture, a pillow, a chair cushion, can all come in handy at the right time.

Good stuff OP. Thanks for posting. My kinda stuff.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...even a rolled-up magazine can kill...us hoomins ain't really all that tough...
    Especially if its a distraction so they don't see the knife coming.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

12 sharpened pencils wrapped with 2-3 rubber bands as a stabblng club. Can be used in lots of places!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Links