I carry two a swissarmy and A.....

This is a discussion on I carry two a swissarmy and A..... within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; THe swiss army is my main tool and eating knife. My bigger knive a Spyderco Native from Wallmart. The Native is a very sharp well ...

Thread: I carry two a swissarmy and A.....

THe swiss army is my main tool and eating knife. My bigger knive a Spyderco Native from Wallmart. The Native is a very sharp well made knive of +++ good steel. They have a name for it and its a new generation steel. I used the Native to field dress a deer and its a cutting machine. I,m going to the NFL Browns ,Steelers game and I must remember to leave them in the car or they will take them at the gate metal detector.My wife lost two Swiss at the airport,because she did not want to take the time to pick them up or take them to the car. So no more for her.

Good choices...

The Natives are nice. I don't own/carry one myself because "waving" the thing would be a pain in the ass due to the blade design.

For general utility, it's hard to beat a Swiss-army.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Yes if limited to one knive it would be the Swiss-army super tinker,wallyworld under $30

Quote Originally Posted by fowler View Post
    Yes if limited to one knive it would be the Swiss-army super tinker,wallyworld under $30
    Now I don't agree with that statement.
    If I were limited to one knife, it wouldn't be that one. Even though my folders are primarily used for general utility, I choose them based on their suitability for "social purposes." The swiss-army knives are basically worthless for defense because they don't have a pocket clip (i.e. they're slow to access and deploy), they require both hands to open (bad idea for a defense tool), and they don't lock. If I were limited to one folder, it'd probably be either a Spyderco Delica or Endura, or a Benchmade Griptillian. All of these (and similar models) are great for utility but will also serve well for defense.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

AS a usefull pocket tool the swiss-army .For knife fighting a Finn-pukko and for a woods kinfe. Mine is a Grandpa Roselli from www.ragweedforge. If there is better steel I have not seen it. I like the fixed blade for extreme duty and defence. Yes it drops into the front jeans pocket or on the belt. THe Finnish can make a knife. If only one knife that would be my choice a fixed blade Grandpa Roselli
    Last edited by fowler; November 19th, 2006 at 07:24 PM.

I like the Pukkos...those things are "scary-sharp."

thanks for the link, some cool stuff there.

Matt K.

I,m glad you like the Finnish pukko,s. Another favorite of mine for carry is the IISAKKI-JARENPAA OY, Utility Pukko for about $39 a no-nonsense knife that works good in the pocket or looped on the belt and carried IWB. In Finnish culture a man without a knife is a man without a life! When the tuff Finns whipped Russias arse in there winter wars the Pukko was the combat knife of choice. The Finns threw away there Bayonets and chose to kill many a enemy with the razor sharp Pukko that cut through the many layers of wool to bleed out a Russian fast.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links