Sog flash 2

This is a discussion on Sog flash 2 within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Am I the only one that thinks a flash 2 is a perfect edc/emergency tactical knife? I really like the size and deep carry pocket ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jab73180
  • 1 Post By Phaedrus
  • 1 Post By hardluk1

Thread: Sog flash 2

Sog flash 2

Am I the only one that thinks a flash 2 is a perfect edc/emergency tactical knife? I really like the size and deep carry pocket clip. I need to get a good sharpener to get a razor edge on it but that's another thread.

-Jason

2. Remove Ads

This tread is good. Get a Spyderco Sharpmaker.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Administrator
    It's a nice knife. I used a small ball of Epoxy putty to permanently cement the safety into the OFF position.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I was thinking of a edge pro.

-Jason

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    It's a nice knife. I used a small ball of Epoxy putty to permanently cement the safety into the OFF position.
    I super glued mine. But I like that idea.

-Jason
    QKShooter likes this.

I like the knife. The Edge Pro would be a great investment, too. It's about as good as it gets for sharpening. I've got an Edge Pro Professional model and probably 60 aftermarket stones and I can get a kitchen knife nearly to the point where it shaves like a well sharpened straight razor with the EP.
    QKShooter likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I too carry a Sag Flash2 with no serrations. Wife carries a sog flash. Changed to it a few years back. Good all around blade that holds a good edge and still easy to stone sharp again. I tend to use a diamond stone on ours. I also glued the safety lock in an open position.
    QKShooter likes this.

Sponsor
    I've had a SOG Flash2 for about 10 years. I carried it religiously for about 3 years and I never had the lock activate on it's own volition. Is that really a problem for you guys? Did I just get lucky?

Great knife, though it feels a bit flimsy to me now after moving on to Benchmade and Zero Tolerance folders.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    I've had a SOG Flash2 for about 10 years. I carried it religiously for about 3 years and I never had the lock activate on it's own volition. Is that really a problem for you guys? Did I just get lucky?

Great knife, though it feels a bit flimsy to me now after moving on to Benchmade and Zero Tolerance folders.
    It locked itself a lot for me. I didn't want to be caught in that situation.

-Jason

Administrator
    Mine locked itself a couple of times and that was enough times for me.

The knife that I carry most often though is the SOG Pentagon Elite II because I prefer the longer 5" blade.

I will say that I think the lockwork of the SOG knives is a little flimsy feeling compared to a Kershaw or Spyderco. The SOGs are a little faster to deploy at the expense of not being as robust. The main reason I don't carry mine at all is that by and large SOG uses pretty pedestrian steels. I'm a knife nerd and a steel snob; VG-10 is the floor for me, and I generally won't buy a knife if the steel isn't at least that good. I wish that M390 was used in more knives. Right now it's about my favorite steel.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I am a huge SOG fan that being said the FlashII is a great edc blade. I actually own 4 of them but I have switched to the Mini Aegis for edc I like it's blade shape and the tip better for edc I also carry the full size Aegis from time to time.

I heard many reports of blade play with the SOG Flash II (and some other SOG models). Some say it's not a huge deal but others are very disappointed. I myself have experienced some blade play but for the price I was satisfied overall.
    Still prefer Spyderco any day of the week however.... :)

My Sog Toothlock has VG10 steel and zero blade play. Probably the best 100 bucks I ever spent. Can't comment on the flash 2. I havn't had the chance to hold one.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Links