Stun Batons?

This is a discussion on Stun Batons? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I live out in Greene County in Missouri outside the city limits of Springfield and the other day I was attacked by a pitbull (and ...

Thread: Stun Batons?

Stun Batons?

I live out in Greene County in Missouri outside the city limits of Springfield and the other day I was attacked by a pitbull (and he meant business), luckily for me there was a truck near and the dog stopped his assault once I jumped into the bed with my two rat dogs. All of my normal "protective" tools failed and I could only imagine what could have happened if that truck wasn't there. I carry a oak baseball bat as my "distance" tool and my last resort blunt weapon, I also carry a 100dB air horn that scares most dogs that have charged me.....it just pissed this one off more lol. So I called up Greene County as any dog like that one can be a danger especially with all the kids around here. They came out and pretty much said "unless the dog physically hurts you we can't do anything about it" so I had him file a report and offered him a beer when he got off duty. So the next day I call animal control and they no longer support the county because of budget cuts and so I'm screwed (his words).

Sadly I don't have the cash for a CCW License and a small carry pistol so I thought a stun baton might work for now. I plan to start training for a 200 mile bike marathon in 4-5 months time and I was thinking of strapping to my bike for easy access and carry it on my belt when I walk my dogs. The real question I have is will this fall under the wide "blackjack" laws? I know you can't conceal a baton (not sure about open carry some LEO say it's ok and others say it's not) and I know it's legal to have a stun gun so I would like to avoid issues.

Pretty discouraging that it's against the law to protect your own life and well being. Thanks for any help/advice.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Go for it.

J&L Self Defense Products.

Great company. Good person that owns it. Fast shipping. Give them a call.

Stun Guns
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I've found that the CRACKLE of the stun-baton/wand will make a dog stop in his tracks. (Had a pit run "crying" from a 100 ft away).

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    just a vaguely related funny story. I have a few cats in my house. I decided for Mother's Day, I was going to buy my mom a stun gun and a keyring canister of OC.
    So the items arrived from an on-line seller, and I charged up the stun gun before presenting it. When it was cahrged, I thought, hey, let's see what it sounds like!

So, I flip the safety off, hit the test button, it crackles very loudly. I forgot that my cat, Heidi, was asleep on the floor about 4 feet from me.

Heidi, the poor little thing, literally came straight up off the floor about 4 feet, like a Herrier jet, then launched in a manner I've not seen since watching subsonic ammunition leave a suppressed firearm. That little cat got out of there with a quickness like you wouldn't believe.. and while I felt awful for it, I couldn't stop laughing.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Links