MK3 mod 0

MK3 mod 0

This is a discussion on MK3 mod 0 within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is this knife worth buying? Its supposedly a navy seal knife with a 6 inch blade and 11 inches overall. http://www.navyseals.com/store/detai...L-Combat-Knife Any suggestions and comments ...

Thread: MK3 mod 0

MK3 mod 0

Is this knife worth buying? Its supposedly a navy seal knife with a 6 inch blade and 11 inches overall.

http://www.navyseals.com/store/detai...L-Combat-Knife

Any suggestions and comments are appreciated.

I have one that I bought several years ago as a dive knife for about 1/2 that price. It's a good utility / diving knife but that price is pretty steep.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Some of the knives were found to be too brittle by the the Navy which is why they had more Seals trials of other knives. For general use they are ok. I bought mine for about $30.00 years ago. I don't use it, just keep it in my collection of Military Knives.

If you want it just as part of a collection, knock yourself out (though I've seen them for less here and there).

If you want a knife in that size envelope for actual use, there are other knives in/around that price range that would probably be better.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Lead Moderator
    I had 1. Found it to be too heavy for the size. Also it was a pain to get sharpened (atleast sharp enough for me) Sold it a while ago and use a K bar instead.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Sorry sir,that blade was never issued to,or hardly used by, anybody. With the exception of the people that wanted a "free" knife.

If you want a great blade of that style,design,cost,take a look at the K-Bar made with the D2 steel.

It's a great heavy duty,easy to keep sharp,kinda blade.

Links