Pepper Spray illegal in MS without stun gun license?

This is a discussion on Pepper Spray illegal in MS without stun gun license? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...Just found this for MS at handgunlaw.us: "Chemical Sprays/Stun Gun/Higher Capacity Magazine Laws 45-9-101 Must be licensed to carry a stun gun" So it ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Snub44
  • 1 Post By Taurus85UL

Thread: Pepper Spray illegal in MS without stun gun license?

Pepper Spray illegal in MS without stun gun license?

...Just found this for MS at handgunlaw.us:

"Chemical Sprays/Stun Gun/Higher Capacity Magazine Laws
    45-9-101
    Must be licensed to carry a stun gun"

So it is illegal to carry pepper spray in MS unless I have a stun gun license...aargh!

My main question: What is the penalty? (Haven't been able to locate that via Google yet...)

2. Remove Ads

...can you cite a link? 45-9-101, when pulled up, doesn't cover it...just stun guns, unless you have a later version than:

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/doc...9/SB2862SG.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by perfection View Post
    ...Just found this for MS at handgunlaw.us:

"Chemical Sprays/Stun Gun/Higher Capacity Magazine Laws
    45-9-101
    Must be licensed to carry a stun gun"

So it is illegal to carry pepper spray in MS unless I have a stun gun license...aargh!

My main question: What is the penalty? (Haven't been able to locate that via Google yet...)
    ...the handgun law page doesn't say you must have a carry license for pepper spray...just a stun gun...
    perfection likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...can you cite a link? 45-9-101, when pulled up, doesn't cover it...just stun guns, unless you have a later version than:

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/doc...9/SB2862SG.pdf

...the handgun law page doesn't say you must have a carry license for pepper spray...just a stun gun...
    Oops...

Stupid me...

I was in a hurry trying get out the door and look it up real fast...Haste makes waste, I guess...

So apparently that section in this particular case only applies to stun guns. I was getting mixed up and thought it was saying that in order to carry pepper spray you had to have a stun gun license. Sorry! Thanks for setting me straight!!

...we're victims of information overload...and becoming spoiled in that we don't read enough...

...only way I get the content of something I look up and read is read it a coupla times, then read it out loud with my finger under the words, "walking it out"...then I KNOW what I read...

...thank God for the internet as a source...what a world of rumors, legends, and fantasies we'd be living in...WAIT...no...nebbermind...

Perfection... I live in MS and have my CCW. I read all the rules and regulations I could find prior to applying for my CCW. To the best of my knowledge there is no requirement for any kind of liscensing required for the use of pepper spray. Pepper spray is a good deturant if you are willing to let a bad guy get that close to you. You can buy pepper spray at almost any store. It diesn't require any liscensing.
    perfection likes this.

When using pepper spray make sure you get a quality product in a large enough dispenser to give you as much distance and content as possible.

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge......

The key ring model by ASP is a quality product but has limited range.

The next size up is a Mark 6 and is easy to carry in pocket or purse.

The Mark 3 is a 2 oz. container and if you can carry it in purse , auto or on your person is the idea size for self defense purposes.

First Defense MK4 Police Size .2 Percent Pepper Spray at Galls

Regards,

FlaRon
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

Links