Any firefighters out there?

This is a discussion on Any firefighters out there? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My stepson is a New York City fireman. I know Christmas is a far way off, but I was thinking about getting him a really ...

Thread: Any firefighters out there?

Distinguished Member

My stepson is a New York City fireman. I know Christmas is a far way off, but I was thinking about getting him a really nice knife that would be appropriate for him to carry on the job. He's also an avid fisherman. Don't know if there are double duty knives, but I am open to all suggestions. Anything more exotic than my Swiss Army knife and I'm lost. I know knives can be expensive so I'm thinking maybe in the $150 - $200 range, if that's reasonable. Thanks for your time...
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member

I am a wildland fire fighter in California and an avid fisherman and the one knife I use for both is my benchmade. The best knife I have ever owned but for a multitool I have a leatherman wave

If you aren't completely committed to a knife perhaps a call to his shift members could get you some insight on something he really wants/needs for work - not to say a knife isn't what he wants/needs.

When we get probies out of the academy I make a point to tell their family members on their first station visit to give me a call if they need FD related gift ideas for him.

It has worked well for me.

Truth be told I am at my station now and I do have a Benchmade Griptillian on my belt. A Leatherman is always with me as well.

Best
    Harold

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Distinguished Member
    Thank you for your input. Both of you recommend Benchmade, that should tell me something. I will look into that brand. My stepson has been on the job since 11/2001. He was in the first graduating class after the horrible loss of 9/11. He loves to talk, but he never talks about the job.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member

Sponsored Links