Putting the Contego 810 back in the box for a...

This is a discussion on Putting the Contego 810 back in the box for a... within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Emerson Roadhouse... or some kind of Emerson. I have read and watched videos on the wave feature and I really like it. I like my ...

Thread: Putting the Contego 810 back in the box for a...

Putting the Contego 810 back in the box for a...

Emerson Roadhouse... or some kind of Emerson. I have read and watched videos on the wave feature and I really like it. I like my Benchmade, not too impressed with the easiness of the deployment of the blade but I feel like that's a non issue because it has never opened up when I didn't want it too. The Contego 810 BK is a blade I saved up for, I really wanted a Benchmade just to have a Benchmade and I feel like this is the best knife Benchmade makes... But the size of it makes me weary of carrying and deploying for use it around people. I use my knife alot and I don't get odd looks when using my Spyderco Endura but when I use my Benchmade Contego I get some odd looks and some people actually ask why I carry a knife so big... I feel like it will be a great defensive tool, it's a fantastic knife but we all know that perception can work against us so I kinda wanna tone my EDC knife down and get something of similar quality but less "tactical" hence my interest in a Emerson Mini Roadhouse.

So from a quality and practicality standpoint is switching from a Benchmade Contego 810 BK to a Emerson a good or bad idea?

2. Remove Ads

A month ago I bought an 810, really like it. Weak side pocket, EDC, 556 Mini Grip strong side.
    I agree you have to be careful where you are when you pull out the Contego. Most people where I live would think it's too big to be legal! The 556 is my utility blade.This can be almost as bad as buying pistols!

I bought the Contego 810 and the Adams 275 at the same time, just on a whim. I much prefer the Adams 275. The Contego is a bit too long to try and carry where I live. Blade is a little too long. The Adams is legal somewhere and illegal others. My favorite carry knife though is the Pardue 530 (not shown below). It's legal, small and mostly used as a utility knife. I would avoid using it for defense under almost all circumstances. Why use a knife when a gun works better.

USMC 1963-1967
    The best carry gun in the world is worthless, if it's home in a safe.

I have the Contigo 810, Adamas 275, par due 530, a couple of Griptilians, barrages, and police Spydercos. I find myself carrying the barrages the most. A 4 in blade is a little over the line in general in co. If it isn't concealed it is legal. Most cops are concerned in general. I'm only cutting an apple. I had my contego out cutting an apple and my PM walked in my office to ask a question and she didn't say a word.

Links