Stiletto stye knife?

Stiletto stye knife?

This is a discussion on Stiletto stye knife? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are their any assisted or basic folding knives made in the style of an Italian stiletto switchblade? I know of the Cold Steel Ti-Lite but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Stiletto stye knife?

Stiletto stye knife?

Are their any assisted or basic folding knives made in the style of an Italian stiletto switchblade? I know of the Cold Steel Ti-Lite but does anyone know of any others?

image.jpg nothing wrong with the real thing
    GhostMaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Yeah, but I'd rather have something I could legally carry.
    Hopyard likes this.

Distinguished Member Array patri0t's Avatar
    Here are some Italian Stiletto Style Auto Knives:

9" Italian Stilettos for sale - Italian Knife by Size - Blade Play

Though many states now allow auto-knives, their may be restrictions on 'double-edged' blades, lengths, etc.

Myself, I never enforced a knife law where the blade wasn't pulled out of someone.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav1230 View Post
    Are their any assisted or basic folding knives made in the style of an Italian stiletto switchblade? I know of the Cold Steel Ti-Lite but does anyone know of any others?
    Benchmade "OTF" (out the front) auto-knives, yes. double edged switchblade that's actually a quality knife... although I generally dislike double edged knives. Be very careful as many states ban carry of auto-knives, even while possibly allowing you to own them (in your home.) Carry knives in many states are also limited in blade length to 2" or 3".

3300 Infidel® OTF Product Detail
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my original post, but I'm specifically looking for a knife that is NOT automatic but styled as a stiletto switchblade.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Benchmade also makes plenty of similar style that are spring-assist, or manual. Benchmade Knife Company - World's premier manufacturer of the sharpest knives, rescue hook tools, and specialty pens.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

While we're on the topic, I noticed that switchblades are now legal in Texas, does that mean they can be carried or does it only mean they can be owned?

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    For stilettos look no further than Kissing Crane (made of soligen steel in Germany). Smokey Mountain Knife Works has them at decent prices. Good luck!
    GhostMaker likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    I almost bought this one except that I needed more of a heavy duty working folder and bought the MPC instead.

Nemesis/Faida Folders - Extraordinarily Engineered

They don't get any more Italian than this.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav1230 View Post
    While we're on the topic, I noticed that switchblades are now legal in Texas, does that mean they can be carried or does it only mean they can be owned?
    Since that is a change from the past, are you sure? Can you post the new statute?

This is the statute I downloaded before the last session of our legislature:

PC §46.05. PROHIBITED WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:
    (1) an explosive weapon;
    (2) a machine gun;
    (3) a short-barrel firearm;
    (4) a firearm silencer;
    (5) a switchblade knife;
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

...from the akti.org site:

Governor Perry Signs Bill to Legalize Switchblades

UPDATE (June 14, 2013) – Thank you Governor Rick Perry for signing HB 1862. Effective September 1, 2013, it is no longer illegal to possess, manufacture, transport, repair or sell switchblades in the state of Texas.

ftp://ftp.legis.state.tx.us/bills/83...9/HB01862H.htm

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Amen to that. They are legal here.

GhostMaker and FlaRon like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...from the akti.org site:

Governor Perry Signs Bill to Legalize Switchblades

UPDATE (June 14, 2013) – Thank you Governor Rick Perry for signing HB 1862. Effective September 1, 2013, it is no longer illegal to possess, manufacture, transport, repair or sell switchblades in the state of Texas.

ftp://ftp.legis.state.tx.us/bills/83...9/HB01862H.htm
    Thank you.

[sarcasm] I'm sure this new law will contribute to our collective safety. [/sarcasm]

While we are on this, OP wants a stiletto. Maybe my recollection is faulty but I thought that these too were
    prohibited--- sharpened on both edges and I think enumerated specifically. Was that changed too or is my recollection
    faulty?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    [sarcasm] I'm sure this new law will contribute to our collective freedom. [/sarcasm]
    Fixed that for you.

After all, criminals are people who are going to break the law anyways. Correct?

Laws are what corral the lawful's actions, not those that do not mind them.
    Tzadik likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links