Gerber 06 30-000118

Gerber 06 30-000118

This is a discussion on Gerber 06 30-000118 within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have one on the way from amazon. The other day my CRKT M16-10KZ disappeared. I resigned to carry the Kershaw Leek with the bent ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GlassWolf
  • 1 Post By 357and40
  • 1 Post By GlassWolf

Thread: Gerber 06 30-000118

Gerber 06 30-000118

I have one on the way from amazon. The other day my CRKT M16-10KZ disappeared. I resigned to carry the Kershaw Leek with the bent tip.

This seemed to fit the bill. Not sure it is THE knife I want but I will take it for a spin.
    Attached Images
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    I like the aggressive look of these knives, and I even own a combo edged Fury tactical general folder, myself. My issue with these is that the tanto point is designed for stabbing, and takes up valuable edge real estate, while the serrated edge is useless for most cutting tasks, and again, eats up blade space. I prefer a drop point or modified sheepsfoot plain edged folder these days, like the Benchmade Griptilian 550HG, or the Spyderco Delica4 for an EDC knife.
    The Fury is on the bottom of the pic below:

357and40 likes this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Nice looking knives.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

The reason I was insistent on the tanto was that I use the blade edge as a scraper frequently. When I need to go out and do strip & refinish on a floor it is a godsend.
    GlassWolf likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Good reason, then.
    357and40 likes this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

The CRKT M16-KZ was the first Tanto I owned and it proved its worth in my industry exceptionally fast. Half my crews have one now.
    - Roy Batty

Links