Dad's knife

This is a discussion on Dad's knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My father came up to me last night and said that he wanted a everyday carry knife. He likes my knife a lot. I carry ...

Thread: Dad's knife

Dad's knife

My father came up to me last night and said that he wanted a everyday carry knife. He likes my knife a lot. I carry a kershaw ken onion 1660VIB. My knife is the ideal knife for him but stronger and better grip. What would be a good knife for him to carry? If you guys can give me some links and ideas that would be great.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I carry a Kershaw Ken Onion Leek. This might not be for him. Do an Ebay search. I got mine for less than half price. I'm sure you'll find a good deal.

VIP Member
    Try the Spyderco product line. There's so many good ones, I can't suggest one out of them. They're good work knives and most won't break the bank. Happy hunting.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Hi elrey718, I would second Betty's suggestion to check out Spyderco. They make great knives at an affordable price!! I like Spyderco knives alot.
    I would check out the Delica 4. It is a generation 4 model this year and has really been upgraded. The tip of the blade is much stronger and the handle now has skeletonized stainless steel liners which makes it much stronger. The handle is FRN which wears well and is very grippy. The hole in the blade is very easy to use with bare or gloved hands. The blade steel is VG10 which is very good. This knife will cost about $50.
    Here are some pics of mine.
    I hope this helps a bit. Good luck.

Ron

Here is a link to the Spyderco page for this knife.
    http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=209

If it is in stock there, New Graham Knives is an awesome place to deal with.
    http://www.newgraham.com/

I have used this eBay site before with great results also.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Spyderco-Delica-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I would give him either the Sypderco Delica or Endura with thw Wave feature. Both are real good knives and at a very fair price. I have started carrying my Endura Wave more than my Emerson CQC-7 these days as being one handed its real nice to have the blade open up when I draw the knife.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I do need to get one of the wave models!!

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

+1 for Ken Onion Leek. Sharp as a razor, fast as an automatic, legal as a Barlow. Be careful when you're first learning to work it though, I skewered myself in the thumb the first time I was trying to show it off! I bought mine at Smoky Mtn. Knifeworks in Gatlinburg, TN. This place is a must see for anyone who likes edged weapons. Allow a couple of hours minimum and take your Mastercard!

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorDude View Post
    +1 for Ken Onion Leek. Sharp as a razor, fast as an automatic, legal as a Barlow. Be careful when you're first learning to work it though, I skewered myself in the thumb the first time I was trying to show it off! I bought mine at Smoky Mtn. Knifeworks in Gatlinburg, TN. This place is a must see for anyone who likes edged weapons. Allow a couple of hours minimum and take your Mastercard!
    I have purchased a pair of Chinese Broadswords there.... Great place for blowing a bit of time and money.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

just to give you an update. we decided to go with a Kershaw Leek blacked out. he loves it. thanks for ur help
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Links