Kabar TDI sheath

This is a discussion on Kabar TDI sheath within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So my TDI just came today and just as everyone said the sheath is nothing to write home about. What other sheath options are out ...

Thread: Kabar TDI sheath

Kabar TDI sheath

So my TDI just came today and just as everyone said the sheath is nothing to write home about. What other sheath options are out there for this knife? I know phlster makes one but the price is more than the knife costs and he is backed up with orders for weeks. I would rather have a kydex or plastic sheath but would be interested in leather too. Also I need the sheath to be the same type of IWB carry. Does raven or bravo make one?
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

2. Remove Ads

I have one and dont see the problem with the plastic. It's very secure and made for a perfect fit. I love mine.

Dono

I have the full size tdi that's like a 3 inch blade and I don't see the issue either. I find the sheath is very secure. Admittedly though I must say it is something you have to get used to. I've worn it all over iwb from 9-6. I find all positions in that area comfortable. But because I have the larger one the handle will catch every now and then when I get into the car. No big deal though it just makes a clunk and that is that. Knife remains in the sheath. Anyway it could be more comfortable but it's fine after a week.

JD
    Administrator
    I have a pretty nice one that was made by Invictus Kydex.

Sent via Tapatalk and still using real words.

PHLSter makes one. phlster-html5

Looks high-quality to me.

Thanks for posting here information… I have searched from this site.. It is amazing..

I EDC my small TDI in the factory sheath and am quite happy with it. I occasionally carry my large tanto TDI but was unhappy with its sheath. This guy had made me some kydex pistol and AR mag holders previously and I hit him up about making a kydex knife sheath. The sheath he made is great, and though I use mine with the standard belt loop it came with, you can use it with some IWB soft loops if you want. Check out his site and send him an email if you're still looking. Sorry, I don't have any pics handy at the moment or I'd post them.

http://gibsonholsters.com/products/
    Gunga Galunga

Here are a couple pics of the kydex sheath for the large tanto TDI.

TantoTDI01.jpgTantoTDI02.jpg
    Gunga Galunga

Go with the Phlster one, it is by and far the best offering on the market. There is a reason there is a wait. I carry one myself, if your going to carry this knife, do it right, buy a tested sheath from a tested business.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdude12 View Post
    So my TDI just came today and just as everyone said the sheath is nothing to write home about. What other sheath options are out there for this knife? I know phlster makes one but the price is more than the knife costs and he is backed up with orders for weeks. I would rather have a kydex or plastic sheath but would be interested in leather too. Also I need the sheath to be the same type of IWB carry. Does raven or bravo make one?

Check this one out. (TDI-SKS) Ka-Bar TDI Standard Knife Sheath - $40.00 : NSRTACTICAL.COM, Why Bother Having It If You Cant Defend It?

Links