Credit Card knife

Credit Card knife

This is a discussion on Credit Card knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone seen one of these? They look cool but if it breaks the second time you fold it would be worthless. Portable Folding Credit Card ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Credit Card knife

Credit Card knife

Anyone seen one of these? They look cool but if it breaks the second time you fold it would be worthless.

Portable Folding Credit Card Mini Knife Black New | eBay

Credit Card knife

I'm thinking worthless. I had a lock pick set that stored in a credit card size case. Very cool. Broke inside a lock 1st time trying it.

Garbage.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
    "People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous." - Edmund Burke 10-08-1777
    "Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea." ~John Gunther

not worth it.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    i have one, it's ok. not that durable but makes a nifty gift.

when it first came out it was around $20, not worth it. but at 1/4 the price it's pretty cool.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by technomonster View Post
    when it first came out it was around $20, not worth it. but at 1/4 the price it's pretty cool.
    - It's still $20 from a reputable dealer. If it's a knife on eBay shipped from Hong Kong, it's most likely a knockoff.

That being said, with the amount of small knives out there from quality makers (SOG, Spyderco, Kershaw), I can't see why you would want one of these.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I sharpened my own credit card,it works pretty good.It's amazing what a sharp edge you put on one.[/B]
    Taurahe, squid86 and Anubis like this.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    Anyone seen one of these? They look cool but if it breaks the second time you fold it would be worthless.

I prefer this:

Monkey Edge - Mummert Knives BetaC Titanium Credit Card Blade - Vivid
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

also:
    Specifications
    Blade Material Iron
    uhhhh, no thank you.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

VIP Member
    why not just carry a regular knife?
    BugDude, 357and40 and WHEC724 like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Administrator
    Yes, I have one in my wallet as a possible final ditch knife.

Actually the blade material is Steel and not Iron. You know how the Chinese are with their ebay descriptions though.

It is actually a razor sharp little blade and it is really thin.

I have folded and unfolded mine more than a few times.

I do not use mine for any cutting tasks or chores.

In fact I just checked to see if it shaved arm hair when I first got it and aside from that it is a virgin edge.

It just stays in the wallet on the rare and remote chance that it needs an introduction to a jugular vein.

In fact I think I bought two from that exact ebay seller. It came shipped from Kong Hong.

Interestingly there is some U.S. seller selling the exact same knife but with their printed logo on it for (I think) over $20.00.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    why not just carry a regular knife?
    I carry a Spyderco or Benchmade, too. The CC knife is more of a last resort tool, or handy if you lose your pocket knife, lend it to someone, or forget it at home. It's a small, nearly weightless little thing that's easy to carry in your wallet.. at least the Ti one I use is.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Actually the blade material is Steel and not Iron. You know how the Chinese are with their ebay descriptions though.
    Fair enough. I've seen a lot of cheap chinese blades that really are chromed-over iron, or some really lousy 440 or 440A steel that can't hold an edge any better than a tree branch could. It also bothers me when a knife listing won't tell the actual steel used to make the blade. I just like to know what I'm getting. If it holds a decent edge, it's most likely a 440c or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post

I was considering getting one of these at one point, however, I decided that the basis of my purchase was more for the novelty aspect than anything else. Of course, there's nothing wrong with being novel. If you do decide to get one, get the original Cardsharp 2 produced by Iain Sinclair. The knockoffs are apparently junk. Amazon sells the originals for $3.20 + 2.99 (S/H). Out of 45 reviews it has received 4.0/5 stars. Not too shabby.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    I carry a Spyderco or Benchmade, too. The CC knife is more of a last resort tool, or handy if you lose your pocket knife, lend it to someone, or forget it at home. It's a small, nearly weightless little thing that's easy to carry in your wallet.. at least the Ti one I use is.

Fair enough. I've seen a lot of cheap chinese blades that really are chromed-over iron, or some really lousy 440 or 440A steel that can't hold an edge any better than a tree branch could. It also bothers me when a knife listing won't tell the actual steel used to make the blade. I just like to know what I'm getting. If it holds a decent edge, it's most likely a 440c or similar.

Actual Chinese CREE Flashlight Auction Descriptions.

But....their English is better than my Chinese.

Do not look directly towards the light, it may cause damages to your eyes.
    Please do not put it directly to people's eyes for the powerful light is harmful and it will make you blind temporarily, especially for the kid.

Internal wiring applies the high efficient booster circuit, working voltage is wide and can utilize the batteries in the largest extent so you know this.

Waterproofing design get it wet or rain but not long time for in the water ok.

The color difference is hard to avoid in the internet sales.
    Generally we will adjust the colors as the same as the items, but there might be a little color difference according to different light, different monitor.
    So if dear you can not accept this very little difference, be cautious before you making the orders. <~~~ Yes, dear!

Special needs. (For patrolling, hunting and arresting, inspecting, securing, Martin Rescue as well as Light Shooting and so on) <~~~Good flashlight for arresting!

Outdoor activities. (For climbing, camping, seeking, survival, walking, diving, fishing as well as hunting, etc.)<~~~~ I need mine for seeking.

Professional needs (For Gems-testing, Mineral-testing, etc.)

light mode :Strong, weak light, blasting flash this the strong <~~

Switch mode :Rotary switch
    (This is the rotary switch design, tightening the head of flashlight and the lamp light is open.and then to the right loosening some,the lamp light is closed.and then to left tightening will open again. so continuous operation can be 3 file dimmer. ) <~~~HUH?

This product is convenient and practical for family standing <~~~ Oh Good! Next time I am standing with my family I will turn on this flashlight!

Special operational needs (such as levee patrol, inspection, search, site inspection, security, first aid at sea, night observable, etc.)

Outdoor activities (hiking, camping, hunting, survival, hiking, dive sea, Chuigou, etc.)

Main Features: reflector / lens / light cup

Gold-plated internal components, to ensure that each component can be normal contacts work well, fully the circumstances under which the campaign

Can be a long life

High quality can be used for more than 100,000 hours, which eliminates the trouble of replacing the lamp
    313 likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Ex Member

Please do not put it directly to people's eyes for the powerful light is harmful and it will make you blind temporarily, especially for the kid.

Internal wiring applies the high efficient booster circuit, working voltage is wide and can utilize the batteries in the largest extent so you know this.

Generally we will adjust the colors as the same as the items, but there might be a little color difference according to different light, different monitor.
    So if dear you can not accept this very little difference, be cautious before you making the orders. <~~~ Yes, dear!

Special needs. (For patrolling, hunting and arresting, inspecting, securing, Martin Rescue as well as Light Shooting and so on) <~~~Good flashlight for arresting!

Outdoor activities. (For climbing, camping, seeking, survival, walking, diving, fishing as well as hunting, etc.)<~~~~ I need mine for seeking.

(This is the rotary switch design, tightening the head of flashlight and the lamp light is open.and then to the right loosening some,the lamp light is closed.and then to left tightening will open again. so continuous operation can be 3 file dimmer. ) <~~~HUH?

This product is convenient and practical for family standing <~~~ Oh Good! Next time I am standing with my family I will turn on this flashlight!

Special operational needs (such as levee patrol, inspection, search, site inspection, security, first aid at sea, night observable, etc.)

Outdoor activities (hiking, camping, hunting, survival, hiking, dive sea, Chuigou, etc.)

Gold-plated internal components, to ensure that each component can be normal contacts work well, fully the circumstances under which the campaign

Can be a long life

High quality can be used for more than 100,000 hours, which eliminates the trouble of replacing the lamp

That really isn't bad for someone using a language that is not their own. Heck look at Gl*ck Talk. At least once on every page you get a Rhodes Scholar with a thread title of "LEARN ME BOUT.............." And THIS is from people born here who should have made it past third grade.
    QKShooter likes this.

Can be a long life

LOL. I can't tell you how long my wife and I were laughing while reading this. Gotta love Google Translate.
    QKShooter likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links